Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son rolled my Raptor 700 down olds hill last weekend. I brought it home and pulled it apart to check it out, when I took the fuel tank off I heard something rattling around inside. I pulled the fuel pump out and found some pieces of the fulel pump that had come loose.

Looks like popped off the main pump and was hanging by the wires for a bit, the wires were not able to hold it in place so the white one broke and the black one ripped out from the insulation.

Anyone know if you can just order this part and from where? If not I can try to reassemble it or pick up a used pump.

Attachments

·
RaptorPilot
602 Posts
I dont think you can order parts for that, you have to order a whole fuel pump. If the wires just pulled out, you can fix that if you can.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I am not completely sure but that looks like the sensor for the low fuel light. If it is I am not sure I would spend the money on a new pump for just that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Low fuel light sensor?? That may be right, cause it ran like this for some time after the crash and it still runs, so I will try to repair and if that fails I will try to run without it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have never really looked real close at the pumps for the raptor but that is what it looks like to me. If it is, then you can run without it, you just won't get the warning light or the light will be on all the time. Then, you can just keep an eye out on ebay or here for part outs for a good deal on one.

·
RaptorPilot
602 Posts
I am not completely sure but that looks like the sensor for the low fuel light. If it is I am not sure I would spend the money on a new pump for just that.
It is a low fuel sensor. I had taken mine apart a few times. You can fix it if your good with soder.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Where u located? ive got a bunch of OEM parts to get the bike repaired....and a pump too

give me a call

Daniel

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
DL700 to the rescue.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts