Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Ughh this is one of those man am i annoyed cause i dont know how to fix it stories.

The other day i went to go start my quad up and the battery was dead my friend had an idea to hook it up to a battery charger. So we did while connected to the charger we tried to start it, it cranked for a second or 2 then stopped. we tried it again and it was cranking when i let go of the start button it continued on cranking with out the button being pressed i found that to be very weird so we disconnected the charger immediately. I proceeded with ordering a new dvolt replacement battery, i swapped them out. i tried starting the quad but the only thing that happend was a clicking at the relay thing next to the battery, then i noticed the dash displaying error code 12. so i thought that the battery might have not been factory charged so i connected jumper cables with the jumper cables connected the quad cranks normal but no spark! i removed the jumper cables and tried it without.
when i turn the key on and push the switch to run i hear a electrical buzzing/vibration at the back near the fuse box i checked the fuses and there all good at least the ones that have 10 and 15 on it. i dont know what dose little boxes are. I tried almost everything i could think of to no avail. I PRAY TO GOD HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP ME! Or tell me the issue. :(

Thank you,
Figgtree.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
CODES / ITEM

12 Crankshaft position sensor
13 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit)
14 Intake air pressure sensor (hose line)
15 Throttle position sensor (open or closed circuit)
16 Throttle position sensor
21 Coolant temperture sensor
22 Intake ait temperture sensor (open or closed circuit)
30 Lean angle sensor (latch up detected)
33 Ignition coil (faulty ignition)
41 Lean angle sensor (open or closed circuit)
42 Speed sensor/ Neutral switch
43 Fuel system voltage (monitoring voltage)
44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on EEPROM
46 Vehicle system power supply (monitioring voltage)
50 ECU internal malfunction (memory check error)
51 Fan relay (This was acknowledged by Jap tech over the phone with Frenchie)

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Now that its the Crankshaft position sensor i dont know how to proceed from there i just know that its your problem.

·
Registered
311 Posts
at least your new battery is not charged,try charging it until it can crank by its own power.if it doesnt charge,replace it in warranty,dont jump a completly dead battery,a shorted battery can cause weird problems.

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol Frenchie thanks but i know that chart pretty good i need a solution. Mandy ill try charging the battery up today. But i think i should have had spark with the jump anyway ;(

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed its the big block main switch thing in the back of the quad that vibrates when quad is on run

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plz guys i love my rappy

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now i got everything working the quad runs when it gets jumped, but i dont think it holds charge since it wont start up again afterwards

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it isn't charging, check the stator... Could still be a crappy battery too, or a short, or...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts