Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from a few days of sledding in Quebec....................

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
LOVE IT!

lucky you guys even can ride. our winter has been pathetic. i've had my snowmobile out 3 times all winter. the last time i had mine out a few weeks ago, i tripped over the front ski handle, went flying in the air and messed up by foot really bad. now i'm wearing a walking boot for 6 weeks!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
112 MPH is to fast on snow lol
It is fast, but it takes a good trail to support that kind of speed.

I owned a 93 T Cat 900cc and a 97 ZRT that could reach speeds over 120 mph. That was extremely fast, The 93 T Cat was aerodynamically unstable around 110 mph and was prone to blowovers under certain conditions...........:eek:

I twice had the T Cat launch on me and actually fly for over 100 feet without making contact with the snow at speeds just over 100 mph............

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
It is fast, but it takes a good trail to support that kind of speed.

I owned a 93 T Cat 900cc and a 97 ZRT that could reach speeds over 120 mph. That was extremely fast, The 93 T Cat was aerodynamically unstable around 110 mph and was prone to blowovers under certain conditions...........:eek:

I twice had the T Cat launch on me and actually fly for over 100 feet without making contact with the snow at speeds just over 100 mph............
Hope you landed in powder. Thats the greatest part of riding snow over dirt. If you get thrown off or if you have to bail your much more likely to escape injury. But at a 100 it's not gonna feel good no mater what. I took my budys 2 up pantera 800 for a ride last winter down the road after a big storm. The road was hard packed and i couldn't believe how fast that thing was for a 2 up. Pulling the skis on a 2 up is hilarious. I hit about 105 on it with a mx helmet on and made the mistake of slightly lifting my head above the windshield. The wind caught my visor and ripped my head back really quick.:eek: My neck hurt for a few days after that. lol

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I gotta say i think it's sweet how liberal Ca. is about drinking. I mean you guys have signs on the trails telling you what direction to go to get a drink! How freaking awesome is that! LMAO!

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I have never seen it here in the states and i don't think I ever will. 20-30 years ago it was a different story. So my parents say. They road sleds regularly back in the mid 60's into the mid 80's.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have never seen it here in the states and i don't think I ever will. 20-30 years ago it was a different story. So my parents say. They road sleds regularly back in the mid 60's into the mid 80's.
There is quite the trail network in Quebec for ATVs and snowmobiles spanning the whole province. Thousands of miles of trails, I have seen more of Quebec by trail then by road. I have been sledding in Quebec since 1974, and probably have put on some 50,000 miles on there trails. It is an awesome trail system, designed to draw in tourism..........

·
Registered
881 Posts
There is quite the trail network in Quebec for ATVs and snowmobiles spanning the whole province. Thousands of miles of trails, I have seen more of Quebec by trail then by road. I have been sledding in Quebec since 1974, and probably have put on some 50,000 miles on there trails. It is an awesome trail system, designed to draw in tourism..........
First time I've ever heard about it but it sounds awesome. If I ever get around to getting my passport I may have to check that out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First time I've ever heard about it but it sounds awesome. If I ever get around to getting my passport I may have to check that out.
Quebec even has an App on the I phones that has all the trails marked with GPS and also all their groomer locations 24 hours per day. You can see exactly where you are as long as you have cell service and plan your rides knowing your exact location and the location of the groomers to know the best trails to use............

1 - 20 of 37 Posts