Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a little bit of everything, dunes, mx (not racing, just cruising the tracks), some trail riding, and I would like to do some XC races. I'm trying to stay within a reasonable budget. Here is what I've decided on so far:

GYTR Clutch
Wiseco 686 11:1 kit
Hotcams stage 2 w/valvetrain
LTE duals
Mild head port
Carb porting if necessary

Here are the questions I still have after searching this site for quite some time:

I bought a 12t front sprocket, what should I put in the rear? Or should I leave it stock?

What kind of chain will be best?

What brand/size/style/material valves would work best in my application?

Thanks in advance everyone. So far this site has been a huge help and a great resource. There's hours of good reading when you use the search function. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
quick question - would it be all right to run the Wiseco 686 11:1 kit with stock exhaust? i cant afford the ct racing exhuast till next month and i can get this for like $100 and have it borred at a local machine shop i know of

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Sounds like a good setup.

Gearing will depend on the tracks and tires you run. DID and Renthal make great chains, as do many other companies.

I'd stick to oem size valves, kibblewhite or ferrea stainless steel. Ti has some reliability issues as time wears on.

And yes, you can run that piston with oem exhaust. The engine just won't be putting out as much power because of the restrictions of the exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts