Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal when a little gas comes out of the carb drain tubes wile riding? It has to be because when the gas in the bowl is sloshing around it goes down the overflow tubes no?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Is it normal when a little gas comes out of the carb drain tubes wile riding? It has to be because when the gas in the bowl is sloshing around it goes down the overflow tubes no?
Not normal, floats to high is a possiblilty...............

·
Registered
26 Posts
im having the same problem, gas is coming out of my right overflow hose while riding.. Im not losing any power, and the machine runs fantastic, im just losing gas is all... Quick fix without rippin carbs apart???

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
im having the same problem, gas is coming out of my right overflow hose while riding.. Im not losing any power, and the machine runs fantastic, im just losing gas is all... Quick fix without rippin carbs apart???
No such thing... you can do a quick CHECK, however, by replacing the overflow tube with a piece of clear tubing and raising the end of the clear tube above the carb. Then open the drain screw, and the clear tube will fill with fuel to the same height as the level in the float bowl - this will tell you where the float valve is set, and whether it's too high.

If fuel fills the tube (eventually) to above the carb height, the float valve is leaking - if given enough time, it will finally reach the same level as fuel in the gas tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts