Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did you guys change the maxspeed bolt adjuster on the throttle on your quads? can you take the bolt all the way out, and will it harm anything??? :3question:

·
Registered
579 Posts
There is no reason to take it all the way out, all that will do is let dirt in. Just adjust it till your throttle won’t go any further.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
vermin99 said:
Aren't they all the way out to begin with?
I thought so but maybe I should check :eek:

·
Registered
965 Posts
vermin99 said:
Aren't they all the way out to begin with?
My friends '06 YFZ was only 2/3 of the way out when he got it from the dealer. He was wondering why my Foreman was keeping up with him... :grin_nod: It would be a good idea to check...

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
umm mine and Evlls1's were about half way in. I ran mine out last year and we done evlls1s this weekend at the ride we went to. When i took mine the the NHRA cert. drag strip it was still in half way or so and my top speed was 73.56 every time. I need to go back soon and try her again. Any body else got an accurate speed like that other than trail tech or "my buddy is a cop" thing.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
GPS doesn't lie. :)
73+ with the throttle not wide open and no mods is fast. Before any mods on mine but the throttle adjustment wide open, I got 73 on blacktop. 180lbs riding weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
yeah, mine wasn't CLOSE to all the way out, I forgot about it until washing last weekend, hooked up my laptop to the PC3 and it shows the percentage of the throttle being open, noticed it was only reaching 72%........ I was like. :mad: WTF? Unscrewed it a ways, and raised it up to 87% where it stopped? that make sense? (you'd think 100? :help: )

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Gotta love that set-up fee. Wonder what the dealer would do if you told them you want the bars in a certain position, tire press at a certain press, shocks in a certain way ,etc. Your paying for it so you would think they would set it up for your height and weight.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Be happy if that's all the dealer screws up.
First time I checked my oil, it came running out of the tank. I sucked out about 1/2 liter, and now it's close, but that doesn't count how much ran out onto my skid plate.
Bastards.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
SULLY0556 said:
It may not lie but they're usually good for yanking your chain now and then. They can be as much as +/- 3mph off even with max signal. You can make multiple runs and get a good idea, but that's still assuming there's no consistent error in the measurement.

BTW, I use the same method for measuring my speed but it's a Garmin ique PDA/GPS. Got just over 78mph on 4 back to back runs on blacktop. :thumbsup:

The throttle screw is a fun trick to play on your friends, especially when you're going to race them. :lol:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
SULLY0556 said:
It may not lie but they're usually good for yanking your chain now and then. They can be as much as +/- 3mph off even with max signal. You can make multiple runs and get a good idea, but that's still assuming there's no consistent error in the measurement.

BTW, I use the same method for measuring my speed but it's a Garmin ique PDA/GPS. Got just over 78mph on 4 back to back runs on blacktop. :thumbsup:

The throttle screw is a fun trick to play on your friends, especially when you're going to race them. :lol:
+/- 3mph at 75mph is a heck of a lot closer than any speedometer or most other devices. I'll take that. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts