Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It is posible that just the miles move on the odometer and not the hours?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Find the hour sensor and snip it maybe. IMO, its not a good thing to do, because if you ever sell the bike, it will show a high miles per hour number. Say it has 6000 miles, and 300 hours, that equals an average of 20mph, which includes idle time, WOT, all of the run time. But you snip/unplug that wire, it will show 12000 miles and 300 hours, thats 40mph, which is very high. Which if I were looking at a bike, and saw a high average MPH, it would be a big turn off, because it would have most likely been ridden hard.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Except to rip somebody off when you sell it, why would you want to do this?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i thought they only had an odo the other is a clock

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
If you hold select for like 2 seconds it turns to an hourmeter.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
should have studdied the owners manual a bit closer, lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what happened,

Im selling my raptor, and i left it with a friend that sells a lot of stuff, when i left the raptor i took note of the hours and the miles, they were like 51 hours and 750 miles, and when i picked up the raptor it was reading 51.6 hours and 1,210 miles,

I did not said anything to him because he was not there when i went to pick up the raptor,

But that night i cant slept, after reading a lot and searching is somebody could hack my odometer( just the hours), I find out what happened:

He switch form miles to km, and thats why it was showing a lot of more miles (km)

I know im a stup**, but thats the story.

Thanks for your replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts