Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna sell my other rappy, but its not paid off. How do I go about selling it if I dont have the pink slip?

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
When selling your bike, just offer a guarantee of title within ten days from the date of sale to the new owner. Be sure you send CERTIFIED FUNDS for your balance. Do not send a personal check because the lienholder will most likely hold your a personal check for ten business days BEFORE they will release your title.

Most states will allow someone 30 days to change the registration, so that should give the new owner plenty of time to register his/her new purchase.

Hope this helps.

~Brian

·
Registered
261 Posts
You just have to tell the buyer that you will get him the title within (x) number of days. Most people are understanding of all of this... google "bill of sale" and you can print off a generic bill of sale for each of you to have and sign. Take his/her money to the bank, pay it off, then depending on what state you are in, either the bank or the state will send you the cleared title... Just find out ahead of time how long it will take. Usually about 7-14 days unless the bank has it on-site. Good luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts