Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been in contact with my State Division of Highways about getting my Raptor road legal.

Here is what they have said but I am not sure about this (FMVSS), anyone know if these vehicles are Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards stamped?

This is for personal reasons and I am interested in getting another set of rims and some road tires and making the modifications to road use it.

Here is the information they told me...

In order for the vehicle to be operated on the highways, it/you must meet the following requirements:

1) Be able to pass a state vehicle inspection – must meet all requirements to be operated upon a highway.

2) Meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) – a label may be affixed to the vehicle and/or indicated on the manufacturer’s statement of origin (MCO)

3) Will be required to have motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license and abide by all laws governing motorcycle riders (i.e., endorsement, helmet, etc.)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Im interested in this also.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have read up on the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and it would seem with a couple of extra components I can get this under way, just not sure on the MCO or MSO

FMVSS can be found here. http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/fmvss/index.html

Still trying to find information on the MCO or MSO, from what I understand it is something to do with the country of origin and where it is being shipped to for taxation purposes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts