Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering which one do you think would good for trail riding. with some top end also

think a hc3 would be to much for going slower? and also i would also wondering if i will need a tuner if i have a 11:1 piston in it? or could i just to it and be done?

as i would love to put the hd 5050 cam in i just cant afford it.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
with the piston you already have, I would go with the HC3, a piston alone will not change your tune, but the cam will....you will need a fuel controller. If you already know you want to go the 5050 route, I might just save up and go that route from the beginning, rather than buying things twice. keep in mind the 5050 cam will require upgraded springs and the head/rockers clearenced.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
with the piston you already have, I would go with the HC3, a piston alone will not change your tune, but the cam will....you will need a fuel controller. If you already know you want to go the 5050 route, I might just save up and go that route from the beginning, rather than buying things twice. keep in mind the 5050 cam will require upgraded springs and the head/rockers clearenced.
You're in luck bud I got a new more aggressive port head so I'm selling the ported head I got I was running 5050 in it everything cleared already beehives and plus sized valves. Less than 40hrs on it 70hp just didn't cut it for me. So I'm looking for 80+ this time stock swinger trail bike.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it would be nice if the 5050 cam just needed to be cleared and didnt require springs and valves starts to add up. plus installed i mean im sure i could install the cam but valves are something that looks a little difficult.

i think ill wait and save for the tuner and cam

just curious what would u sell that head for? sounds like u are

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Oh I'm selling head just ain't thought about price but it'll be less than you could buy springs bigger valves and cleared for. Not to mention the price if a port job. I got bought 800 in the head but wouldn't ask nowhere near that amount for it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$100 for the head? :D no idk u probably want to much for me but just wondering how much. what does it usually cost to ship the head to dl700? and to have it cleared if i were to go with the 5050 cam

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Definitely get a fi controller.... But my vote is Hc3. Great drop in cam, great price.

If you really want to dig into the motor and plan on doing head work, then get the 5050.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah that is what i was thinking also hc3 is drop in and done. although im sure the 5050 cam is bitchin just too much work to make it work lol.

but yes im going to save for the big 3 and a cam

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
yeah that is what i was thinking also hc3 is drop in and done. although im sure the 5050 cam is bitchin just too much work to make it work lol.

Good choice. It will be a very reliable/strong running build :thumbsup:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
$100 for the head? :D no idk u probably want to much for me but just wondering how much. what does it usually cost to ship the head to dl700? and to have it cleared if i were to go with the 5050 cam
I got about 800 bucks in the head without cam 350 + trip or 400 I ship where ever.

·
Registered
555 Posts

There's often used HC on here for under a $100. Buy one, run it and you can still save up for the big head/cam combo. Your HC will resell for pretty much what you bought it for.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah but i have to get a fi tuner in order to make it not run lean so i might as well save for the big 3 but i may just drop one in and see what happenes as im still running a little rich with the 11:1 piston and s/a out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts