Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to adjust the valves soon and was wondering what i could use to turn the little square head. My dealer cannot get the tool to do it with. They said to use needle nose pliers. DOes anyone have any better suggestions or will the pliers work fine.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
could someone nice enuff explain to me how the heck do you adjust the valves on these whore machines? :help:

·
Registered
556 Posts
There is a section under Maint that has the manual you can download to do this. Always wait until the engine is ice cold before you start. I would not do it without the tool....that's how you make things harder and break stuff. :thumbsup:

Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use a square drive screw to hold the nut while adjusting the valves on my Grizzly, I haven't looked at my Raptor yet, but I'm prettty sure they are the same. I have a 1/2"x6" dowel that I screwed the screw into, it looks like a really cheap screwdriver, but it works.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used a small spanner/wrench i think it was about 6mm dont know imperial sorry probably about 3/16" :p they aint tight once you have undone the lock nut :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
That is brilliant! :thumbsup:

AK Grizz said:
I use a square drive screw to hold the nut while adjusting the valves on my Grizzly, I haven't looked at my Raptor yet, but I'm prettty sure they are the same. I have a 1/2"x6" dowel that I screwed the screw into, it looks like a really cheap screwdriver, but it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts