Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often do you guys take your skids off and clean underneath them? i havn't taken my swingarm skid off since i've had it (about 25 hours on it) and there was a mountain of dirt under it. so i was just curious.

and off the topic where is the grease zirk for the swing arm pivot? i can find the 2 for the shock but can't find the thrid one. i have looked in the owners manual but there isn't a great discription(sp) in there.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I take all my skids, plastics, and covers off every 4-5 rides and clean it all by hand, scrub the whole frame and motor down, remove intake tube and airbox and clean them in and out, then armoral everything and re-assemble. Gotta keep these things clean all over so they look good and dirt doesn't build up and form grime.

·
Registered
965 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
...then armoral everything and re-assemble....
Armorall causes dirt to stick to it. At least that's what it does when I use it on my truck (I dont use it anymore because of that).

Anyways...I stay away from the mud as much as possible. All I have to do is hose it off with a sponge and some soap. I just stick the nozzle under the skid and blow all the crap outta there...

·
Registered
182 Posts
warren said:
how often do you guys take your skids off and clean underneath them? i havn't taken my swingarm skid off since i've had it (about 25 hours on it) and there was a mountain of dirt under it. so i was just curious.

and off the topic where is the grease zirk for the swing arm pivot? i can find the 2 for the shock but can't find the thrid one. i have looked in the owners manual but there isn't a great discription(sp) in there.
Just keep looking you are not that far off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts