Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd 4th and 5th are now slipping like crazy since my new build. Do I need a locker clutch or should I just put new clutches in it?
If I get a locker clutch will it come with the side see through class or is that extra and how hard is it to put the sight class on? How do you put it on also.(sight class)
How much is everything that is needed? What is the best brand to get? And where is the best place to get the parts?
In my sig you will see my HP but the dyno reads low I have been told, so we guess I'm closer to 80 horse.
Thanks a lot guys!!!!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Get new springs. As for your #'s those are probably pretty close. 12:1 just isn't enough compression with a good port and web4 at that elevation, I've got the same problem. You might be middle 70's. Good build though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you think I can do ok with just getting a new clutch and heavyer springs? How much heavyer on the springs should I go?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
If you can afford it go DD lock-up...changing the side cover, (what you refer to as see through) is very easy and quick. I got mine from daniel, the cost was about 500 if I remember right.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Do the lock-up...spend the money once and be done with it. The lock-up can be equipped to handle anything you can throw at it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can afford it go DD lock-up...changing the side cover, (what you refer to as see through) is very easy and quick. I got mine from daniel, the cost was about 500 if I remember right.

You say 500, but was that with new clutches or just the direct drive lock out?
I would really like to go that way but em kinda on a buget for a little while. So thats why I'm thinking of just doing something with the clutches and springs for now.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
New fibers are not much...I swapped my clutch to the new cover and it has been holding great so far.....but mine was not slipping when I added the DD.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Springs and a clutch kit should hold 75hp... Steve at TQS has a kit w 30% stronger springs that works well. Clutch pull isnt bad.. DL700 has kits alsi and makes shims to give more spring pressure to hold more hp..The DD can be bought directly from them also at Direct Drive its still pricey but worth it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Springs and a clutch kit should hold 75hp... Steve at TQS has a kit w 30% stronger springs that works well. Clutch pull isnt bad.. DL700 has kits alsi and makes shims to give more spring pressure to hold more hp..The DD can be bought directly from them also at Direct Drive its still pricey but worth it.
Thats what I'm thinking of doing for right now, but my buddy went with heavy duty springs on his 450 and hated it. He said it made the clutch really hard to pull. So I'm a little hesitant to go with a heavyer spring.

AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO FROM YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts