Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am rebuilding the raptor. With that said, I have it all apart right now and the stock piston that is in it looks just fine. I was wondering.. If I decide to buy a forged piston..lets say a weisco 11:1..Will running the high compression piston in the stock cylinder, stock bore size make any difference power wise? Whereas if I were to have the cylinder bored .30 to make it a 686 and run the weisco .30over piston? What does cylinder boring cost, and what does it entail? I didnt know if I would get any power difference at all running a high comp piston in the stock bore size.. Id hate to put the stock piston back in it but it looks clean and is here right now and dont have to invest anymore money..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So I am rebuilding the raptor. With that said, I have it all apart right now and the stock piston that is in it looks just fine. I was wondering.. If I decide to buy a forged piston..lets say a weisco 11:1..Will running the high compression piston in the stock cylinder, stock bore size make any difference power wise? Whereas if I were to have the cylinder bored .30 to make it a 686 and run the weisco .30over piston? What does cylinder boring cost, and what does it entail? I didnt know if I would get any power difference at all running a high comp piston in the stock bore size.. Id hate to put the stock piston back in it but it looks clean and is here right now and dont have to invest anymore money..
Installing a higher compression piston makes more power but I doubt you would feel the difference except at lower rpm.........
Going to a 686 also will give you more power and again Im not sure if you will feel it, porting and cam changes will make a difference that you will feel.............

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
i would not bore it out unless it needs to be done-ie scored clinder etc. spend the "boring" money on an exhaust/ intake etc:)... but deff go with at least the 11:1 piston

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
i would not bore it out unless it needs to be done-ie scored clinder etc. spend the "boring" money on an exhaust/ intake etc:)... but deff go with at least the 11:1 piston
+1. I went 102mm right away a while back and regretted it be because it doesn't leave anything for a rebuild. 11:1 with stage 2 hc is good for 93 octane

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
+1. I went 102mm right away a while back and regretted it be because it doesn't leave anything for a rebuild. 11:1 with stage 2 hc is good for 93 octane
+1 i did the same and now wish i wouldnt have. You can take your cylinder to a machine shop and they can measure it and tell you if it needs bored or not. If it dont need bored just have it honed and get that 11:1 piston.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts