Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I purchased my quad the previous owner put an after market exhaust and a K&N air filter. Do I need to get my quad rejetted? Will anything happen if I don't? If I do need to get it rejetted what is a good brand. I know that the jets go by some number. Not to sure. And how difficult is it to rejet?

·
Registered
227 Posts
too get the full potential out of your upgrades rejet. Everyone will recommend to get dynojet stage 2 kit comes with needles that are good to change out in the carb and additional jets that are numbered for easier tuning. As well as upgrade your pilot jets to 25’s with mikuni ones you can get them from jetsrus.com as they are not in the kit.

Installation is pretty simple just take your time. If you haven’t read the sticky’s in the mod section theirs a lot of info on carb and tuning.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Is your airbox and snorkel stock and intact? What kind of exhaust and is it a slip-on or full system?

Tell us the exact mods and we'll suggest the best starting point for main jets, pilot jets and needles. Jetting is not hard, but sometimes slow and repetitive to get them properly 'dialed in'. We can simplify that for you.

Reactions: Sixpack577 and Vpvp

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is your airbox and snorkel stock and intact? What kind of exhaust and is it a slip-on or full system?

Tell us the exact mods and we'll suggest the best starting point for main jets, pilot jets and needles. Jetting is not hard, but sometimes slow and repetitive to get them properly 'dialed in'. We can simplify that for you.
Yes the air box and snorkel are stock and intact. K&N airfilter. The exhaust is a slip on FMF power core 4. Thats all it has for mods

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yes the air box and snorkel are stock and intact. The exhaust is a slip on FMF power core 4. Thats all it has for mods
Then get rid of the airbox lid.
A 660 will really wake up with a few small changes.
Get an aftermarket air filter and adapter(use a sock style washable/disposable filter cover if its dusty or muddy).
Get a Dynojet stage2 jet kit(the only way to buy their needles, plus the mains you need will likely be in there.
Read the Clear Tube Method in the sticky section, this is the right way to set the float heights.
Get 2 pilot jets from www.jetsrus.com
two 25's, or two 27.5's
I highly recommend Vito's air/fuel screws too. They have a knob machined on their ends, and makes adjusting them very easy...you do not want to fight the stock ones with a screwdriver...on a hot engine, there's no room. They're $35
Get a quality rebuild kit with all new rubber, and needle valves and seats.
I'll let @QuadManiac recommend the best starting jetting for your altitude and mods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get an aftermarket air filter and adapter(use a sock style washable/disposable filter cover if its dusty or muddy).
Get a Dynojet stage2 jet kit(the only way to buy their needles, plus the mains you need will likely be in there.
Read the Clear Tube Method in the sticky section, this is the right way to set the float heights.
two 25's, or two 27.5's
I highly recommend Vito's air/fuel screws too. They have a knob machined on their ends, and makes adjusting them very easy...you do not want to fight the stock ones with a screwdriver...on a hot engine, there's no room. They're $35
I'll let @QuadManiac recommend the best starting jetting for your altitude and mods.
Just for reference I am 315' above sea level

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
two 25's, or two 27.5's
So I ordered the dynojet stage 2 kit today, on the pilot jets 25's do I get the mikuni ones? Also what rebuild kit do you recommend?

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Does it run now? Don't make any changes till you ascertain it's current running condition!

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
RPM or throttle?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When im at full throttle, before im about to shift. The last time I ran it, I rode for about and hour and it bogged out. It fired right up but would end up bogging out. The next day it ran fine but used it only for about 10 mins

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Come on... more info! Bogs out WHERE, under WHAT conditions. We can't read minds - we only have what YOU write to go on. Be descriptive and tell everything in chronological order!

What exhaust system is on it? (stock, slip on, full - brand/model if avail)
What mods to airbox are being run? (stock, snorkel modded/missing, lid off, etc., etc.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come on... more info! Bogs out WHERE, under WHAT conditions. Don't you think this info might have been helpful up front?

We can't read minds - we only have what YOU write to go on. Be descriptive and tell everything!
I am taking it out today and over the weekend. I'll make sure to take note so I can give more accurate information. Its 100° plus out here where I am at. I'll be back Sunday with more info

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Where you at? It's about 100 here too. Read my previous post again, I edited and added some.

If you can, ride it for a while and pay attention to the symptoms and to the conditions under which they occur - when, how, where, why, etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where you at? It's about 100 here too. Read my previous post again, I edited and added some.

If you can, ride it for a while and pay attention to the symptoms and to the conditions under which they occur - when, how, where, why, etc.
I live in delano ca, elevation approximately 315ft about sea level. I have a slip on fmf power core 4. And a k&n air filter. Air box lid and snorkel are still on quad, should I remove it when I ride it to see how it reacts?

Also I already have my dynojet kit stage 2, mikuni 25 pilot jets. Tusk carb rebuild kit and vito A/F ratio knobs. So hopefully i can get enough information to you over the weekend to get a starting point on the jets

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I live in delano ca, elevation approximately 315ft about sea level. I have a slip on fmf power core 4. And a k&n air filter. Air box lid and snorkel are still on quad, should I remove it when I ride it to see how it reacts?

Also I already have my dynojet kit stage 2, mikuni 25 pilot jets. Tusk carb rebuild kit and vito A/F ratio knobs. So hopefully i can get enough information to you over the weekend to get a starting point on the jets
Get rid of the airbox lid.
Put the largest 2 mains from the DJ stage 2 kit in, 148 in left carb, 150 in right carb.
Put needles in 4th clip.
Do clear tube method.
You should be good, and if not, real close.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The crankcase breather tube plugs into the airbox lid snorkle.
With the lid and snorkle gone, you'll need a filter for the end of the breather tube, which has a plastic 90 degree elbow.
You can get an autoparts store k&n style universal filter to fit the hose for $10-$15, and it's a cheap and simple fix.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts