Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Where you at? It's about 100 here too. Read my previous post again, I edited and added some.

If you can, ride it for a while and pay attention to the symptoms and to the conditions under which they occur - when, how, where, why, etc.
Ok so here is where I am at, i rode the quad Friday Saturday. I could quite here the back fires, but when my nephew took it for a spin I could here then when he would shift in to a new gear, or when he would let out the trottle. But the thing is I forgot to take off the lid and the snorkel. Should I run it again and see how it reacts, since I an going to be getting rid of the lid? Also when I turned off the quad it made a load backfire. But ti only occurred once. So should I take it back out over the weekend with out the lid?

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
You're marginally lean now... if you pull the lid you must completely re-jet.

Reactions: Vpvp

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
160 left /165 right Mikuni mains (DJ 146 / 148), DJ needles 1 rich of center, 25 pilots, fuel screws ~2.5 turns out.

Reactions: Vpvp

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
160 left /165 right Mikuni mains (DJ 146 / 148), DJ needles 1 rich of center, 25 pilots, fuel screws ~2.5 turns out.
On the needles is that 1 from the top (closer to the edge?) Sorry for my cluelessness

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
Rich means the needle moves further away from the jet - 1 notch richer than the center notch. (DJ needles have 5 notches)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How well do you like that pro design airfilter with the adapter running it with out the lid. Im thinking of changing mine that has the oval opening
I can't honestly say.
I prefer Uni over K&N because they filter better.
The K&N and adapter has been on it since it was almost new, so I just washed and lightly oiled it, and put a new filter skin on.
Either will flow more and be an improvement over stock(when properly tuned).
But, it runs excellent, idle to wide open, no hesitation, and very responsive.
It has a White Brothers muffler, which had 13 discs, and I removed 8 of those.
DJ needles in clip 4
27.5 pilots
DJ 148L and 150R mains
Clear tube method.
About 800' above sea level.
No lid with crankcase breather filter
Adjusted valves, unplugged park brake sensor, grounded reverse sensor.
I still have some things to fix, but not related to how it runs.
It runs great set up like this.
Not bad for sitting almost a decade.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Rich means the needle moves further away from the jet - 1 notch richer than the center notch. (DJ needles have 5 notches)
I'm sorry I still didn't quite understand. I took a picture. Can you tell me on what number do I put the clip base on the picture. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
#3 in your picture would be the 4th position, and where you should start.
If you go to the 5th clip, that's #2 in your picture.
So 6 is at the very top, and one is at the bottom towards the tapered end.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
#3 in your picture would be the 4th position, and where you should start.
If you go to the 5th clip, that's #2 in your picture.
So 6 is at the very top, and one is at the bottom towards the tapered end.
Ok thank you, ill start with that jets are in just need to put the clips in and everything back together and fire her up and see how she runs

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok so I got the part Saturday got everything back together. It ran great definitely more power, but there was a bit of backfire when I let off the throttle. So my set up is a pro design adapter to a k&n air filter no lid. With the slip on exhaust. I jetted to the settings you gave me. Also I noticed that towards the end of my ride, I started my quad in first gear and the quad started moving while the clutch was engaged

21 - 40 of 50 Posts