Raptor Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
Backfire on decel means lean in the pilot circuit... try turning your fuel screws out (CCW) 1/4 turn each.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok so I did a ¼ turn out and after a few rides, some trails and others on back roads I've had some issues. On the trails it seems fine. But when im on an open road after a while of been in 5th gear with ¾ trottle the quad seems to want to bog out. After that it would do it in 2nd gear as well ill pull the clutch in and rev it and it would go back to normal. When I start the quad it throws white smoke still just on start up this time a little more.

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue - switch to reserve when it starts bogging - does it go away almost immediately? If so check the screen on the petcock intake.

Unscrew the fuel cap when it starts bogging - does it go away quickly? Then the cap vent or tube is blocked

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue - switch to reserve when it starts bogging - does it go away almost immediately? If so check the screen on the petcock intake.

Unscrew the fuel cap when it starts bogging - does it go away quickly? Then the cap vent or tube is blocked
I'll check those things and get back to you. Put it in reverse?

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
RESERVE not reverse... most fuel petcocks have three positions - OFF, RUN (for normal riding) and RESERVE (access to a small amount of fuel left over to get you home or to a gas station).

The Raptor's petcock has a screen, which can plug up, over the RUN inlet but not over the reserve inlet.

Reactions: Vpvp

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
RESERVE not reverse... most fuel petcocks have three positions - OFF, RUN (for normal riding) and RESERVE (access to a small amount of fuel left over to get you home or to a gas station).

The Raptor's petcock has a screen, which can plug up, over the RUN inlet but not over the reserve inlet.
Oh I misread, I will try that out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

So I noticed that the quad bogs out only briefly, that it doesn't give me time to turn it to res, before it gets power back

·
Master of the Electron
15,025 Posts
You implied that, once it started bogging, it did it in 2nd also - implying that it was repeatable... you're going to have to clarify your EXACT symptoms if that is not the case - we're not there to see it ourselves.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts