Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pondering getting the setup from Trail tech. I want the bars, the protector for the computer and the clamps. The trail tech site is confusing me. The way they describe the dashboard sounds the same as the way they describe the clamps. Then when you look at the combo bar/clamp kit, it says you can add the computer/protector. But if you look up the computer protector, you get the clamps/dashboard as well. Double dip? I guess I can't differentiate between dashboard, protector and bar clamps.

Too god damn confusing.

http://www.trailtech.net/R700F-XBAR-CLAMP-COMBO.html

http://www.trailtech.net/020L-R700F.html

Wait, maybe i'm getting it now, the dashboard is the whole kit, minus bars. Includes the clamps and computer protector. So you would get that part plus bars on their own. I think?

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
First link you have is for Handle bars and a clamp that doesnt hold a computer.

Second one is for a dash board that holds the endurance computer and nothing else.

I got my vapor from magic racing and my dashboard and X-bars from rocky mountain. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bberck said:

Second one is for a dash board that holds the endurance computer and nothing else.

I got my vapor from magic racing and my dashboard and X-bars from rocky mountain. :thumbsup:

The dashboard also has the clamps that holds the bars correct?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
bberck said:

Yes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
bberck said:
Tiggyboot said:
bberck said:

Yes :thumbsup:
^^^^^^i agree^^^^^^ :metal:

·
Registered
815 Posts
bbreck - I am thinking about getting this setup also - so with what you said "this is all you need" - with that bar clamp on your bike... - - you can remove the key hole - correct ? ? ?

Thanks
Plattner

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
plattner said:
bbreck - I am thinking about getting this setup also - so with what you said "this is all you need" - with that bar clamp on your bike... - - you can remove the key hole - correct ? ? ?

Thanks
Plattner
Not sure I went with this one because I wanted the key hole. Ill go look but not sure if I can tell installed. The clamp that will fit your stock bars doesnt come with a key hole.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Call them, they are pretty easy to work with. I'm sure you can place the order over the phone and they will have a kit that will suit your needs. They used to have that combo on their site, but they must have changed it last year.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Are right thanks for going out and checking for me.... i think someone told me that you can just open up the clamp and take that key hole out.... thanks again

Plattner

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
yea i know all that stuff.... i already have the reverse lever .... thats why i was asking to make sure i could remove that key hole off the clamp...

·
Registered
815 Posts
PM sent to you... i would like the prices for this stuff....
thanks techquadshop (steven)
Plattner

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
So you can remove the key part of the clamp? I want to put the key switch where the reverse knob goes, after I get the other lever

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Thats cool, because I can't afford to get the reverse lever move kit right now, but until then the clamp can hold the keyswitch. Thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts