Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a ton of posts on this. I just want some specific, updated info. Thanks guys.
Sorry if this is redundant.

1. What size are you running?
2. How many paddles? Would you like more/less paddles?
3. What kind of riding do you do?
4. If you could change the ones you have, what would you do?
5. Is it really that hard for an experienced rider to slide in the sand with extremes?
6. If you have the 15t sprocket, how do you like the performance in the sand?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Calling all Skat Trak Extreme riders...

I like this post. Easy way to get a quick consensus.

1-2. 21 x 12 x 8 / 7 paddle extremes
3. Oregon dunes. Little bit of everything: hill climbs, jumps, flat speed runs, sand trails
4. To soon to tell. I don't have the 3 mods yet. If I had to decide right now I'd prefer 8 or 9 paddles.
5. The hook up on extremes/haulers do make it noticeably more difficult to slide than a V paddle. I've tried gecko's, my skat's, and 22 x 11 x 8 10 paddle haulers.

The Gecko's can do cookies day in and day out but their hook-up sucks. Thumbs down.

The 22" 10 paddle haulers hook-up like no tomorrow. Almost to much. Sometimes it will wheelie whether you want it to or not. Watched my buddy try to power slide with his 22 x 11 x 8 10 paddles (not the first time he's done it but this time things didn't go so well). The tires caught half-way through the slide sending the quad rolling 5 or 6 times just missed landing on him but still gave him a concussion.

My 7 paddle extremes slide much better than his. The difference in my opinion is not the amount of paddles but flotation. He has 11" wide tires with either 8 or 9" rims. Mine are 12" wide tires with 10" rims. I slide across the sand and his narrower footprint digs in.

6.) I have the 15 tooth and no mods. Even stock I prefer the 15 over a 14 tooth. I do less spinning and more going. If I had 9 or 10 paddles I would stick with a 14 tooth stock. Modded I'd stay with the 15.

·
Registered
677 Posts

I'm running the 20 x 10 x 10 I think... but there's not any markings on the tires to say what size... and I forgot what I ordered. Mine are the 8 paddle, and I run lots of hill climbing and smaller jumps at little sahara, UT. About 3000 ft. above sea level. If I had an opportunity to change... I wouldn't. I love 'em. As for experience... no. Just blip the throttle... it WILL turn. I don't have the 15T sprocket, but then again I don't have Boom's 3 coveted mods yet either... I'm bone stock. If I were to change my gearing, I would probably go down, making it so I don't have to use first as much. But I'm not going to do that either because once I get some power mods, I'll be re-evaluating if I need a gear change or not.

-SS

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the replies, they have been very helpful so far. With all I've read on here about Skat Trak Extremes, I figured a lot more than 2 guys had them.

·
Registered
833 Posts

i have the skat trac haulers 20x10x10 with eight paddles. i had geckos and yes they side well but have no good climing abilty. as for sliding the rear end with the extrems a seven paddle will slide better than a nine. but i think an eight paddle is the best alround for a raptor. also with the traction and power of the bike and the extreams you get a lot of push in the front end which is why i think it is hard for most to slide the extrems. so i think a good set of sand steers will really help with sliding. the extrem paddle is basically the hauler but the paddle blade is a little wider and a little taller. it is an improved hauler but both tires are awesome.

·
Registered
219 Posts

22x11x8 on Blue Label wheels

Ride the Oregon dunes:
-Hills
-Trails
-Drag Racing
-Idiot Holes

They're a good tire...not the best for throwing the ass end around, but the hook-up is incredible. They do very well in the deep rutted up stuff. I may end up with a 2nd set of tires...probably 20" Sand Stars for goofing off, but if I'm in the idiot holes or steep hills, I wouldn't trade the 22" tires for anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts

1. What size are you running?
22 x 11 x 8
2. How many paddles?
3. What kind of riding do you do?
Oregon Dunes, a little of everything
4. If you could change the ones you have, what would you do?
Maybe get a v-paddle for playing around more
5. Is it really that hard for an experienced rider to slide in the sand with extremes?
No it's not that hard, but once you hammer the throttle they'll point you straight again
6. If you have the 15t sprocket, how do you like the performance in the sand?
Don't have it yet, but am seriously considering it

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thought I would see if anyone had any updated info to add.

·
Registered
494 Posts
1. 20x10x10 Haulers
2. 8 paddles. From what I experienced last season with the 3 basic mods, id like 7 paddles.
3. Glamis Dunes. Drag, play, aggressive.
4. Subtract a paddle.
5. Ive tried a few different setups, starting with the stock swingarm and 2-3psi in the paddles, and it wouldnt slide for shit. Front end was always up. My best formula is the +4 swingarm with 6psi in the tires. This will slide easy, drift, whatever I want.
6. Last time I rode the sand was last season with the 3 basic mods and stock gearing. I have a 15t sprocket waiting to be installed. Im gonna put that on once the bike has the correct map in it with my new setup.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts