Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt a set of used carbs last night and I noticed that the right butterfly valve does not close all the way. I did not separate these for cleaning so whoever had them last either adjusted the sync screw or it came from the factory this way. So my question is should both valves be fully closed when no throttle is applied or should the right one be open a little?

I didn't want to take my raptor apart to see how its setup up and I cant find any spec in the service manual

Thanks

Jason

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I rebuilt a set of used carbs last night and I noticed that the right butterfly valve does not close all the way. I did not separate these for cleaning so whoever had them last either adjusted the sync screw or it came from the factory this way. So my question is should both valves be fully closed when no throttle is applied or should the right one be open a little?

I didn't want to take my raptor apart to see how its setup up and I cant find any spec in the service manual

Thanks

Jason
They should be synchronized in the closed position, anything after 1/8 throttle doesnt matter............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts