Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

i have a 2002 660 with k&n drop in...most of lid gone, with outerwears lid cover, yoshi full exhaust, cdi from Dynatek, ...right now i still have stock pilots, before i put the cdi box in it seemed to run good(mains 155/160, then i put the cdi in and noticed way more power but really started to miss and spudder at top end. i am assuming that it is not getting enough fuel. I have a 165 and a 170...best combo you think is 165/170, that way if anything maybe a little to rich, considering i am at close to 3000ft and in canada, ride in some cooler weather.

stock pilots are 22.5 right?? should i change them to 25...will it give me more lower and midrange power??

Thanks guys

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would definatley change the pilots to #25's. Have you changed the needles?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I'd think you are ok on your mains at 3000 ft elevation. 25 pilots wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
43 Posts
bgmac said:
I would definatley change the pilots to #25's. Have you changed the needles?
i would change the jett .. but also after u do that find a dyno station around u.. casue w/ out one of them u really dont know what ur runnin .. i thought mine was ok but it was runnin super lean .. then when it dyno it got fixed

·
Registered
57 Posts
well u can look in the spark plug and no wether or not its running to lean, if i were u id switch the pilots to 25 and id leave ur jets at 165/170 atleast if ur that big u can lean it out a bit and dont have to ever worrie bout doing ur jets again :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts