Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a 20x11x9 8 paddle hauler much of an upgrade over the same size sand star? I am adding a +4 swinger and hook pretty good in drags now. I plan on a 11:1 and +3 throttle body later. Or should I hold out for 22 inch haulers? I am running a 15 tooth right now on the build in my sig and weigh 230# if that helps

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
I'de imagine you should probably go with the 22'' tall tire. I'm running the 20'' tall 10 padddle extreme right now on my 660 with only a pipe and a 12 tooth sprocket. Definately doesn't work for drags, but I love the setup for everything else.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
I think just about anyone who drags alot is running 22'' or bigger if you have the motor for it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Get the 22s for sure, now as far as the number of paddles depends on what you call drag racing. Hill drag race or flat drag race? Hill guys like less paddles to get more top end at the top of the hill, 300ft guys like more paddle cause well you only have 300ft to do whatever you are gonna do lol.... Maybe a 22/11/8 8 or 9 paddle hauler would work for ya... hell after you do a little more work a 22/11/8 10 paddle extreme wont be too much tire so I like to plan ahead a little but whatever you decide

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flat drags in wet sand I know a 22 8 paddle would be best but there is a set of 20s for sale locally for 150 with wheels.Should I wait or buy them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts