Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, quick question...on my 03 660, can someone explain the process to check and adjust the timing chain with the chain tensioner? i have looked and read in the service manual, but i am just not sure of the exact procedure. i don't think my TC is loose but i would like to know what to look for and how to adjust it if needed. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey guys, quick question...on my 03 660, can someone explain the process to check and adjust the timing chain with the chain tensioner? i have looked and read in the service manual, but i am just not sure of the exact procedure. i don't think my TC is loose but i would like to know what to look for and how to adjust it if needed. any help is appreciated.
I believe its self adjusting.No need to adjust it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe its self adjusting.No need to adjust it
Thanks for the reply...i guess its either good or you just replace it then...im still learning my Raptor and trying to stay on top of potential problems....:)

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
You can check to see how stretched it is by pulling the tensioner out and seeing what notch it is on and how close to the end of the shaft. Make sure you pull the large bolt first and remove the spring before you pull the rest of the assembly out. If it is close to the end of the adjustment it might be time for a new one. =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts