Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed a GYTR full system, with lid off, GYTR intake, and power commander. I installed the accel pump feature and the correct map. After about 4 minutes of idling, the pipes begin to glow red near the head. Is this normal with only idling?

Thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
yes ..if your plugs are lookin good then yeah..typically the downloaded maps have been 2-4% to rich..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pull the plug after letting it idle 'til the pipes glow (and then cooled down). If it's white it's lean, it should be a tannish color. Could be you could use an enrichment at idle (some pipe's maps have it), even though it's not on your map. I've never noticed my pipes glowing and I'm curious as to if it'd happen to any raptor that was properly mapped after idling long enough (no cooling airflow across the pipes. Also check your that your idle speed is correct and the controller is calibrated to zero at idle. These could cause some problem with the map not running as it should at idle speed.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I actually tried to take pix of mine at night but they didnt even try to come out :mad:. Anyway, mine glow red, I can only see it at night though, when I ride they cool off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts