Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what size the 8 screws were on the bowls of the carbs? Went to clean the carb and i guess who ever had it last did a pretty good number on them! I decided not to mess with them until i could have new ones in hand.Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did read on here to use allen heads,I will do that for sure. Thanks,TAT

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I don't remember off the top of my head, but your quickest solution would probably be to just remove one and take it to the hardware store with you. You can match it up right there. That's what I did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. now a days it seems hard to find a real hardware store! those screws are stripped bad is the only reason i didnt want to try and take them out yet. guess i'll try and get one out and see what i can find.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah allen ones work best. The stock ones are soft and strip easy. Just take one in to the hardware with you is you best shot. I would also like to know the size. This 01 I have has the stock carbs and screws on it to.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
take a hack saw and cut a line straight accross the head of the bolt then a flat screwdriver will ger them out....or if the head isn't stripped too bad put the screw driver in it and give the screw driver a few taps with a hammer that should break them loose. but yes swap them for steel bolts and try to get allen heads

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
take a hack saw and cut a line straight accross the head of the bolt then a flat screwdriver will ger them out....or if the head isn't stripped too bad put the screw driver in it and give the screw driver a few taps with a hammer that should break them loose. but yes swap them for steel bolts and try to get allen heads
I just came back in from the garage i didnt use a hacksaw but the ole dremel worked! i will try and get to the store tomorrow and will let yall know what i find out. If someone does know please chime in.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
ok thanks. now a days it seems hard to find a real hardware store! those screws are stripped bad is the only reason i didnt want to try and take them out yet. guess i'll try and get one out and see what i can find.
A small pair of vice grips will work perfect, and it will save the time of having to cut on it with a hacksaw, but yes, what Tommy said will work just as well. I just found that the vice grips were quicker, lol. Lowe's and Home Depot both have them, but actually some stainless ones might be even better, lol. That's the only issue with those two stores, they don't have much in the way of metric.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cdg097, you are correct lowes and home depot arent very good with metric stuff but i bet bike shop or something like that will have one. thats my mission tomorrow! I hope! Gotta love being on vacation and doing the honey does!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
cdg097, you are correct lowes and home depot arent very good with metric stuff but i bet bike shop or something like that will have one. thats my mission tomorrow! I hope! Gotta love being on vacation and doing the honey does!
I know for a fact that Lowe's and HD both have the correct sizes, because I found them in the correct size at both stores. I had already bought them at one (don't remember which one at this point), but I was curious, so I checked at the other one, and they had them. So you won't go wrong.

m4 x 10mm does that sound correct? Just found that doing alittle searching.
I'm not going to say yes, because I don't want you to go out and buy them and waste a trip, lol. You gotta make the trip anyway, so just be safe brother and take one with you and be 100% sure.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Sorry man, hope it works out and hope you can find them without too much trouble.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same problem i used a pliers and was able to grip the side of the head.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i finally went to lowes and picked up the screws i needed for the carbs. will post some pics when i get a chance to put them in. the size is m4-.70 x 10 The actual bar code on the screws is 08236 71212. hope this helps somebody out! i will say they arent stainless but pickens were slim.they are allen head though. dont have a real big rust issue in texas!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
i finally went to lowes and picked up the screws i needed for the carbs. will post some pics when i get a chance to put them in. the size is m4-.70 x 10 The actual bar code on the screws is 08236 71212. hope this helps somebody out! i will say they arent stainless but pickens were slim.they are allen head though. dont have a real big rust issue in texas!
Lol now that I see the size written on here, I can picture in my head looking at the sizing board at Lowe's and just double checking, and that size kept popping into my head the whole time we were talking about this, but like I said, I didn't want to give wrong info and have you waste a trip. Dog, I'm not so much worried about, lol.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Lol now that I see the size written on here, I can picture in my head looking at the sizing board at Lowe's and just double checking, and that size kept popping into my head the whole time we were talking about this, but like I said, I didn't want to give wrong info and have you waste a trip. Dog, I'm not so much worried about, lol.
Hater.....:mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I should go to the hardware on the way home and get me some of these now Thanks for the info TAT
no problem. i went on and bought 12 of them so i could change the screws that go around the throttle cable housing also. i put those in just for fun. looks better for sure but most importantly i can get them tight without the worry of stripping the head.(just not to tight!) i could be wrong but i think these new screws will add about 10 hp!!!!:eek: lol

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Hater.....:mad:
LOL!

no problem. i went on and bought 12 of them so i could change the screws that go around the throttle cable housing also. i put those in just for fun. looks better for sure but most importantly i can get them tight without the worry of stripping the head.(just not to tight!) i could be wrong but i think these new screws will add about 10 hp!!!!:eek: lol
The biggest secret to HP gain is getting a PINK dune flag. 50 HP on a man's bike, no lie! Ask dog, with a regular flag, I couldn't even stay with his bike on my stock build, but as soon as I put the pink flag on, I was mopping the floor with him, lol!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
LOL!

The biggest secret to HP gain is getting a PINK dune flag. 50 HP on a man's bike, no lie! Ask dog, with a regular flag, I couldn't even stay with his bike on my stock build, but as soon as I put the pink flag on, I was mopping the floor with him, lol!
:rofl: ^It's your story I'll let you tell it how you want :lol: but yeah he was beating me bad with that pink flag......:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts