Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to make a quiet core insert for my lrd pro4 series pipe and dont really know how. Where do they go in the pipe and what shape are they?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Forget quiet cores if to loud you're to old :joke:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
You will probably spend more getting materials than it would if you just bought a 20 dollar one. Measure the area under the end cap of you exhaust. Where the spark arrestor is held between the end cap and silencer end. There should be a slight recess. Most pipe just use a universal size. I think it is 2.5 in diamter. I just run a pro circuit spark arrestor in my sparks pipe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will probably spend more getting materials than it would if you just bought a 20 dollar one. Measure the area under the end cap of you exhaust. Where the spark arrestor is held between the end cap and silencer end. There should be a slight recess. Most pipe just use a universal size. I think it is 2.5 in diamter. I just run a pro circuit spark arrestor in my sparks pipe.
Ok, I will measure my exhaust and look for one the same size.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I am just saying a lot of pipes use the same diameter spark arrestor so a lot of the quiet cores should interchane.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
SHHaa right. In Colorado they have to be under 96db with the new sound law:(
Sucks I think there's a sound law hear they just font enforce it yet though.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
This mite help pic of a qc on a monster pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts