Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a full system that isn't stupid loud, something a bit more authoritive than stock but not too barky. I'm curently looking at the DMC Afterburner Quiet, HMF Sport with quiet core, and the quiet GYTR set-up. What's gonna be the least restrictive, and sound decent? I'm leaning towards the DMC since it is the only true quiet muffler, the others just use band aid noise suppression tips.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The only other quiet performance exhaust system availiable that you have not mentioned is the pro circuit type 496. A few of the guys that I ride hare scrambles with run them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Diddly, let me know what you go with. I'm thinking of replacing my TBR slip on because it is a bit too loud. I took a look at ther DMC, and might buy the slip on when it is released (DMC says sometime -hopefully soon- next year).

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have a DB rating for stock exhuast with the sparky removed? I would like something a bit quieter than that.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Do you have Decibel limit in mind?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No that's the problem, I want something that is not much louder than stock, whatever DB level that is.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have the CT Racing pipe and ran it with 4 discs instead of the 10 they recommend for max power and it seemed to be just as quiet as my wife's stocker sitting right next to it. Obviously, I'm giving up a bunch of power to make it quiet but don't mind since the areas I want to be stealthy are in the forest where using all the power would just chew up the trail.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The stock pipe (un-modified) puts out around 88-89 dB

GYTR Quiet is around 91-92

Most all of the other quiet core exhuasts are at around 95-96 dB, including:

Big Gun Evo
Dr. D
DMC Afterburner Quiet 4
HMF QRS
FMF Q2
Pro Circuit 496

and some others...

·
Registered
177 Posts
So the stocker with the sparky removed is possibly louder than some aftermarket quiet exhausts? I suppose it would change a bit with an aftermarket spark arrestor in the stock exhaust (I have a Phoenix in mine and it's not too bad). The stock muffler really isn't all that well designed but I don't want to bothered with maintaining the packing in an aftermarket system. That's just my preference. FMF's Powerline exhaust is mechanically baffled, no packing, but it's only made for utes. Too bad for me, I guess, but our sport's image could only be helped by quieter exhausts. 'Course I'm maybe just a prematurely old fogey who might be expected to be riding one of those big-butt utes instead of the hottest sport quad available. ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
sandnut said:
Diddly, let me know what you go with. I'm thinking of replacing my TBR slip on because it is a bit too loud. I took a look at ther DMC, and might buy the slip on when it is released (DMC says sometime -hopefully soon- next year).
Ditto. Let me know. My DG Bullet is much louder than I was led to believe and it might be time for a change if I'm going to continue riding on farmer's land. It has a very distinctive popping that can be heard quite a ways. I know someone with a decibel meter. I'll have to get a hold of him and post the results.

·
Registered
623 Posts
my tbr slip-on and powerbomb header isnt much louder then stock exhaust. perfect amount louder i think. noise is there if you want it, but not excessive loud. my ears dont ring at the dunes when i pull my helmet off like it did before.

this is also with the quiet core insert. i hated my tbr before installing it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The DMC dual with their quiet core installed might be the best compromise between noise suppression and power. With two cans you should still get good flow even with smaller outlets. Still a compromise between noise and power, but probably a better one than with a single can/outlet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you want an exaust system ,why keep it quiet?Save your pennys and keep it stock...if you want performance you must sacrifice something.

·
Registered
965 Posts
t_r_h said:
Anyone seen/heard the Trinity system? Ads say it meets all sound requirements, never needs repacking, and has a stainless AND ceramic coated header.
Plus, imho, it looks really good.
I have the Trinity Stage IV full system with the quiet core insert. It sounds good. Not too loud, but it lets you know it's there. I guesstimate its somewhere around 94-95 db's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a ballance carbon HMF with the quiet core and it is ok for the oregon dunes and they are really sticklers on the noise restrictions. Without the quiet core it is loud but the quiet core does not hurt the power much. The power gains are great and it still has a good sound to it. 8)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the FMF Q series it is on the 660 and I like the performance it gives and I dont have to worry about the noise restrictions at some of the local areas

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let me know which one you end up choosing and i will hook you up with a smokin deal. Just to give you an idea, here are some prices off some of the popular systems we sell.

DMC Quiet Series $429.95 shipped
HMF QRS (Quiet Race Series) $375.95 shipped
DMC Dual System $659.95 Add $40 for quiet inserts if you wanted them.
HMF Sport Series $369.95 shipped Add $20 for a quiet core
LTE Dual $659.95 shipped

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.