Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, this is my first post on this site although ive been searching through the topics a lot and find them to be very helpful, like the jetting sticky freeze made. im a member of atvflorida.com (xr100racer) i herd some one you are on there. anyways i got a stock 03 660R and want to start making some modifications performance wise. seems like a good place to start is filter and pipe. i am probably gunn run with my stock lid on and aftermarket filter since i ride trails and some times it gets wet. so id like some help on performance benifits and price differences on slip ons vs full systems and i want a pipe that will give me good performance but not be too much louder than stock. i see all the guys with the mx bikes and i dont know if i could stand the loudness for the riding i do. i just want a good overall pipe that will gain a little hp, not be too loud, and at a decent price. what kinda performance increase will i see with pipe, filter, and re-jeting? will it be very noticable or "yeah, i think it feels a little faster"? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well after careful deliberation i have decided on the CT Racing full system. 49 hp over stock 33 hp with pro-flow filter and jets - i just cant turn that down. it will probably be a little louder than what id like but who cares its 16 more hp. in this case i will sacrafice price and noise levels for power since i dont really plan on any other performance mods.

·
Registered
118 Posts
John said:
well after careful deliberation i have decided on the CT Racing full system. 49 hp over stock 33 hp with pro-flow filter and jets - i just cant turn that down. it will probably be a little louder than what id like but who cares its 16 more hp. in this case i will sacrafice price and noise levels for power since i dont really plan on any other performance mods.
By any chance did you win the auction on Ebay?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, i read you can make it quieter but every disc you remove you lose hp but ill see how loud it is. and i looked on ebay but couldnt find any. best price i found i think was 500 for pipe with jet kit. how much did the one on ebay go for? and does any one know the cheapest place to get the pipe alone w/o jet kit? thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
John said:
yes, i read you can make it quieter but every disc you remove you lose hp but ill see how loud it is. and i looked on ebay but couldnt find any. best price i found i think was 500 for pipe with jet kit. how much did the one on ebay go for? and does any one know the cheapest place to get the pipe alone w/o jet kit? thanks
It went for 255.00. i was high bidder for days, but i went to work and forgot about the auction, 5.00 above my max, i woulda went to 300.00 Im seriously considering this same pipe, guess im gonna have to bite the bullet and buy new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.