Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing some dirt bike sites about quieter pipes and came across this site: http://www.ignitionproducts.com/Ignition/main.html

They have a product called the DB Dawg, which they claim to substantially lower sound : http://www.ignitionproducts.com/Ignition/files/db_Dawg_web.pdf

I found that my Dubach slip on was too loud for my liking, so I called these people. Very helpful, and had one in my hands in a few days. I bought the internal model, and it is a substitute for a quiet core.

It made a significant decrease in sound- actually quite amazing. I was considering removing the slip on, but pending a full ride test, will now stick with it.

Only downsides that I see are, it was a little more expensive than a regular quiet core, and it does not allow use of the screen spark arrestor. They did tell me that since the insert would block sparks like an arrestor, that they would be seeking USFS approval.

Might be worth a look if sound matters to you.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for this tip. We just bought 5 acres and one of the neighbors is kinda close to one side. We rode this last Sunday and he complained about the noise...wasn't a jerk about it, and we were loud...two Raptors with aftermarket exhaust (mine is a DMC single). I'm hoping that this will take it down enough to keep the peace around here. Any other thoughts after you've had this a while now, or anyone else that's used one? I was gonna put my stock exh. back on, but this would be a much better solution if it really works!

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
what did it do to power?? every QC i have ever seen KILLS power. i hate loud pipe.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Another option is to run the HMF quiet series pipe. It has good performance gains and is pretty darn quiet for an aftermarket pipe.

TQS

·
Registered
735 Posts
fmf power core 4 has a quiet core but it is listed in the dirt bike section (still works on quads) minimal power decrease
40bucks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yep, I run the HMF Quiet Race Series (QRS) and I've been happy with performance and sound output. I got tested at a poker run last Spring at 93 dB. I was very happy to see a low number.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the DMC single exhaust, which is supposed to have a quiet core of some variety. I really like how it sounds, but it is loud when you open it up. Anyone know how this might compare to these other so-called "quiet core" exhausts? BTW, what is the stock db rating again?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for the info Type. I am searching for the seemingly imposible. A very quiet pipe with power. I have contacted techquadshop here. They recommended the HMF Quiet Race Series (QRS). I just want to be sure I am legal to ride everywhere.

Thaks...Pat

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. I am very satisfied with this product, IMO the bike is about the same noise level as a stock exhaust without the baffle. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts