Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of you 700 guys are using the R1 1st full fiber instead of the raptor 1/2 fiber when you are doing your clutch.

I want to know if the 660's have a similar modification before I buy a clutch kit..

I would also like to know if the tusk clutch kit with HD springs is worth the money? That or just go with the GYTR unit?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard of them using the r6 fibers. I'm using the tusk clutch with ebc springs with the stock steel plates and it's working fine so far.
I was just reading on the R6 fibers.. That's an expensive option. I am not sure what my steels look like yet so I would rather buy a new kit and be done.

I see the kits all over saying HD springs are these EBC's or do I need to contact someone else specifically for a better spring?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i just ordered a clutch kit on ebay,it said its for 660,and it has the option to put it like stock or you can get rid of the cushion spring and half fiber plate,for afull fiber.

·
Registered
120 Posts
just went and picked up a parcel at post office,...it was my clutch kit.just like i said,..it has this mod that you can put in the full or 1/2 plate.i dont know much about the "R1" mod that was being dicussed,but iread on this forum ,a couple weeks ago,couple guys talking about some clutch mod for the 700's.so i've been seaching for a HD clutch kit and stumbled upon this particular one.dont know how to send a link,but on ebay go to atv parts,then type in part # 300639863440 .its called Driveline Performance,they actually have an interesting write-up about different clutchs,and they also mention the tusk clutch .i liked the GYTR clutch.i've tried several but cant get much time out of a clutch,before the steel plates burn up black,so im going to try this drive line,..check it out for yourself

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I have a tusk clutch with the stiffer springs and its been good for me for the last 2 years.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a tusk clutch with the stiffer springs and its been good for me for the last 2 years.
Are the stiffer springs the HD springs that come with there kit or someone elses springs?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I got the tusk springs, they are supposed to be 10% stiffer. Ya dont notice to much in the clutch lever though. I was happy i got the stiffer springs.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the tusk springs, they are supposed to be 10% stiffer. Ya dont notice to much in the clutch lever though. I was happy i got the stiffer springs.
You say its been working great so far? I have seen the HD kits on ebay for like $53 shipped which is why I asked.

I see the GYTR kits go for about $45 more..

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Ya i havent had any trouble so far. Had it for about two years now. Not sure its gonna last as long as a gytr kit would but it lasts pretty good for the price.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya i havent had any trouble so far. Had it for about two years now. Not sure its gonna last as long as a gytr kit would but it lasts pretty good for the price.
I was just wondering..$53 shipped.. The old addage pops up "you get what you pay for"

Was just wanting to confirm.. I am not a hard rider. Basic trail,road and occasional goofing off.

are you 100% satisfied or would you personally just buy a gytr and be done? I mean either with go eventually..

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I would say im satisfied with it. If your worried get the gytr. There is no garantee its any better than the tusk. Maybe go to rockymountain atv and read the reviews and see what your more comfortable with. I havent seen anyone else pop up and say anything bad about either clutch kit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would say im satisfied with it. If your worried get the gytr. There is no garantee its any better than the tusk. Maybe go to rockymountain atv and read the reviews and see what your more comfortable with. I havent seen anyone else pop up and say anything bad about either clutch kit.
From the research I done i haven't seen terrible reviews.. I have heard of people having problems with the tusk unit. I attribute that to operator/installation error.

I was just wondering best bet for the money involved.. I mean it is a wear part and lasting effects depend soley on operator use,abuse,and break in procedure.

I may save myself $50 and go with tusk for now, Get the gytr unit if something happens under the clutches normal life span..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts