Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The R1 and the 700 both run around 40 to 44 psi. Why can't we just use the Raptor fuel pump in an R1 raptor build? I notice that everyone seems to use the R1 pump? Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They seem to flow about the same volume? Near as I can tell. I actually have an R1 Raptor, we're just building another one for a buddy. My R1 Raptor gets better fuel economy than the 700 motor does. Now obviously the R1 requires more fuel at WOT, but the Raptor pump should still have no problem I would think?................of course I've been wrong before, LOL. Has anyone ever actually tried the Raptor fuel pump and had problems?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good looking quad. What year r1 motor is that? Im putting one together right now. Motor is in the frame, gathering parts to start putting together a turbo. Getting excited.
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an 03 engine, lots of bottom end torque in the 03. I love it, the most fun bike I've ever riden in the dunes, by a long shot! I have a 40hp shot of spray on it too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Check the actual pump number, you would be surprised on a lot of them are the same from the Raptor to say the Apex snowmobile motor that is also 1000cc based off the R1...

·
Registered
238 Posts
So can we just use the stock Raptor 700 fuel pump? Anyone have any specs on both bumps?
Holy zombie thread batman!

You might still get your intel but just a headsup, that was a 4 year old thread. Don't feel bad, I'm sure some folks got some weird notifications on some stuff from back in 06 as I was going googling stuff about tires and clutch levers.....sometimes we just overlook the date.

If you find what you're looking for, you should start its own thread. I'm sure there will be more people interested in going down this road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts