Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped a 2000 r1 Motor in my yamaha raptor 700 frame and it runs awesome! Currently I have the oil cooler line capped off because my raptor radiator that I am using does not have a port for the oil cooler line. My question is. I am thinking about connecting it to the upper return line coming out of the heads. Do you think that adding that to that hose will change the coolant flow enough to affect the cooling of the engine? Here is a picture of he fitting I am thinking of adding.
Also if I just kept the oil cooler coolant line plugged do you think that will be really bad for the engine? I have seen others cap it but I have not heard if it has been or not. It will mostly be a sand dune machine ran in 80-95 dry heat.
Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm not familiar with the engine swap but your front tyres are pointing the wrong way :) Your build looks awesome though :D I'd love to see more pictures of it. Does the R1 have the oil radiator? I would try to avoid just plugging it somewhere. As you mentioned it might affect cooling and do some damage on the long run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with the engine swap but your front tyres are pointing the wrong way :) Your build looks awesome though :D I'd love to see more pictures of it. Does the R1 have the oil radiator? I would try to avoid just plugging it somewhere. As you mentioned it might affect cooling and do some damage on the long run.

Haha. I just threw the tires on to test. I run he Mohawk front tires in the sand dunes. It does have the R1 oil cooler but the coolant line that comes out of it going to the radiator is just plugged so no coolant goes through it now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks insane. How do you ride with air filters in the place where legs usually go? Any idea at what HP are you? I'd use the original stuff. It was designed for this engine so it has an intended use. Usually you replace stuff to improve performance. Keeping that oil line closed might not affect anything or it might. I can't say.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks insane. How do you ride with air filters in the place where legs usually go? Any idea at what HP are you? I'd use the original stuff. It was designed for this engine so it has an intended use. Usually you replace stuff to improve performance. Keeping that oil line closed might not affect anything or it might. I can't say.

The filters are farther forward and don’t hit my knees at all! I think I will try adding my “y” fitting to run the coolant line and see how that goes! It is pretty cool. He low end is about the same as my +5 crank. Bored TB. Stage 3 cam. Had piston but it revs to almost 12k rpm. It should have about 145 HP STOCK. I’m not used to spinning those rpms yet!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Try the Y link then. I'd mount some kind of oil temp gauge just to be sure. Let us posted when you get used to those revs :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts