Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a raptor 660r with a 719cc stroker kit, big gun exhaust and a stage 2 cam would it be smart to run race gas? If so I would have to run it mixed with pump gas as I can’t afford to run straight race gas would this be beneficial

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
If your piston is 12:1 comp or higher you need race gas. If not no use in high octane gas. No gains.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your piston is 12:1 comp or higher you need race gas. If not no use in high octane gas. No gains.
Thank you I’m not 100% sure what the piston is as I didn’t do the work I bought it already done I’m gonna try race fuel since I already bought a little bit and see if I notice any gains at all

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Thank you I’m not 100% sure what the piston is as I didn’t do the work I bought it already done I’m gonna try race fuel since I already bought a little bit and see if I notice any gains at all
You won't notice any gains, the higher octane is to prevent detonation, not up the hp.
The only fuel that really adds hp alone would be E85, but it needs it's own tune, or something like MR12, which also needs it's own tune, and will damage the fuel system if you don't drain after use.
There is no magic pour in more hp.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Stick a bore scope in there and see how much dome the piston has. If it’s basically flat, use pump gas. If there’s definite dome, use race gas.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Yep you won't gain anything by running race fuel unless your compression is 12:1 or above. On the other hand if you do have say 14:1 piston and run 87 octane good chance you would cause major damage to your engine. Detonation is not pretty

Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 6 of 6 Posts