Raptor Forum banner

Race tracks

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  willykiller 
#1 ·
So I'm going to Germany in a couple weeks, and one of the things I'm going to be doing is driving a race car, (haven't decided what kind yet) around either the Nuremburg race track or else the Hockenheimring track. Apparently it is a day procedure with courses and instructions as to how it all works. These are F1 tracks.................:D

I'm kind of excited since I've never done anything like this before, I have raced atvs and sleds but nothing of this caliber. Fortunately my girlfriend knows Germany quite well and is arranging this for me.

So what do you think, I'd love to get up to speeds around 150mph +..............:wow:

#2 ·
Holy cow! That sounds extremely exciting to do Willy. What choices of cars are they providing?

#3 ·
Willy, if worse comes to worst, I'd be willing to step in and go to Germany for you. Sounds like a great timeI I've haven't gone over 70mph legally, and never over 140...

#5 ·
Highways out there are still at 65? Here we have 75. I like going to Vegas and getting into Utah where i think it was 80. Then stick to 9 over that, lol. Barren stretches of Wyoming are the same.

#6 ·
They are 70 out here. When I was younger I used do always do 10-15 over, and I always had to test top speed of my cars. Now I like to get 42+ mph (A3 TDI) so I usually stick at 2 over... I drive like an old man, my wife complains allllll the time.

#8 ·
I was stationed in Germany for a while and took my track bike, yamaha r1 raven, on the Nuremberg track. That thing is amazing. I am jealous that you get to take a race car in it. I believe my top speed on that track with my bike was just shy of 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
The fastest I have ever driven is 235kmph on a RZ 500 Yamaha motorcycle back in 1985. And my 73 Dodge Challenger with a 440 6 pack engine , I cruised at about 130 mph. Both of these were on 4 lane highways. :D

#10 ·
kmph? Kilo-Miles-per-Hour??? Willy wins!! damn metric system

#12 ·
That sounds awesome willy! That track is supposed to be one of the most challenging in the world, a few weeks back I watched an episode of top gear where the guys took three different cars onto the track(porche, Lamborghini, and a vw Wolfsburg) and I gotta say that looks amazing! The guy that took the lambo had the top speed out of them at 180mph. You'll have a blast no matter what, take lots of pictures(not while driving of course!)

#14 ·
Nice!

#16 ·
Bet it was fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.