Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and got my ass spanked! :'(Well 4-5 bike lengths but on the hit I pull then he pulls back, but that is enough to piss me off. It WAS a raptor 700SE, he now also is stroked/cammed to a 727 from rage and is running a +6 swinger, custom map, everything is removed other than the rear brake assembly and things that have to be there, drag axle, lightweight everything. Bike put down 65rwhp on a slipping clutch, from a dig(stop) I come out of the hole on him on pavement but top end he kills me. We ran from 2nd gear and 3rd gear punches and I just felt well... I guess like most quads do when I pull them .... Thats when I realized I had the 12tooth sprocket up front :lol: 719 build is coming soon but I'll still be on stock carbs, hopefully that will be enough.

After today I realized I didnt want to sell my 660... once there built, it doesnt matter..... after the suspension/swinger and new 719 build what woudl be the point of losing money buying a 700??

New goal is to make sure I dont lose to him again......hopefully CSR can help me out with this one!

·
Registered
91 Posts
it will do better in a drag race with a 13 or 14t front

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Unfortunately this sort of thing leads to an "arms race" and you guys will just drive each other into the poor house spending money to be faster. Even if I built you a 719 that would dust him off, he would step his game up and then you'd be in the same boat again. If you really want to stay ahead of him for the long-term, 39s and dual exhaust is what its gonna take on a motor that is built from the ground up to run the carbs and pipes.

if you get them now, it will be cheaper in the long run. If you don't get the 39s now and decide to go to them later, the head will have to be reported for them to take full advantage of them.

just trying to save you some coin man.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
Unfortunately this sort of thing leads to an "arms race" and you guys will just drive each other into the poor house spending money to be faster. Even if I built you a 719 that would dust him off, he would step his game up and then you'd be in the same boat again. If you really want to stay ahead of him for the long-term, 39s and dual exhaust is what its gonna take on a motor that is built from the ground up to run the carbs and pipes.

if you get them now, it will be cheaper in the long run. If you don't get the 39s now and decide to go to them later, the head will have to be reported for them to take full advantage of them.

just trying to save you some coin man.
I aprreciate it, I'll be going with the 39's. Do it once and do it right. Might even want to do a different bore/stroke.... I wont be available today but I'll try and give you a call tomorrow to talk about different options.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I'll trade you that Lightening motor for the baddest azz Raptor motor to ever live :lol: My F150 4x4 NEEDS a Lightning swap, it already has the 4R100 tranny and the 5.4 now so all I'd really need is the motor/CPU and wiring harness, whadda ya say :grin_nod:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
I'll trade you that Lightening motor for the baddest azz Raptor motor to ever live :lol: My F150 4x4 NEEDS a Lightning swap, it already has the 4R100 tranny and the 5.4 now so all I'd really need is the motor/CPU and wiring harness, whadda ya say :grin_nod:
:lol: :lol: I'll have to think about that one! I just sold my stock longblock that had 14k miles on it......

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
CoalShedRacing said:
:lol: :lol: I'll have to think about that one! I just sold my stock longblock that had 14k miles on it......
On a serious note, I am looking for all the pieces to do the swap, let me know if you run across the pieces to do it. I'm not planning to do it anytime soon but I would like to get the long block and other parts into storage so I have them when I get around to doing it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
03Rappy660 said:
CoalShedRacing said:
On a serious note, I am looking for all the pieces to do the swap, let me know if you run across the pieces to do it. I'm not planning to do it anytime soon but I would like to get the long block and other parts into storage so I have them when I get around to doing it.
I can get ahold of 2-3 full longblocks for you. Infact I almost bought one to do a 4valve turbo setup with it, it had 5k miles and he would give it to me for $950 lol..... Just let me know when your ready.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll trade you my Lightning motor for your Lightning motor :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EGRaptor said:
I'll trade you my Lightning motor for your Lightning motor :lol:

I bet! I'll be selling mine here pretty soon... only has 6k miles on it and only been to the track once, never been sprayed other than on the dyno. All boost pass's pulled 10.5x spinning, 10.3's all boost spray should be 9's but I need a cage lol. If your wanting to step it up a notch PM me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts