Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CDI in my 01 raptor is gone and i was wondering what type of cdi box to get and how much it will cost me.( and i dont just mean a rev box i mean the whole cdi unit.)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dyna has the fully programmable ignition. Only problem is it raises your rev limiter and on a stock internal bike that could/will get ugly :eek:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Raptor addict said:
My CDI in my 01 raptor is gone and i was wondering what type of cdi box to get and how much it will cost me.( and i dont just mean a rev box i mean the whole cdi unit.)
If you're just looking for a replacement cdi (there is no such thing as a seperate rev-box for the 660, they all refer to the cdi) then I'd search ebay for a used OEM part, they can usually be found quite cheaply. If that falls through than go ahead and use one of the 75 dollar replacements. It's not going to make the bike run better, but it's likely that you won't damage anything either.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
Dyna has the fully programmable ignition. Only problem is it raises your rev limiter and on a stock internal bike that could/will get ugly :eek:
But doesnt the dyna have adjustable rev limits where you can set it where you want? or at least the higher priced programmable one does right?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
FastFirstGen said:
03Rappy660 said:
But doesnt the dyna have adjustable rev limits where you can set it where you want? or at least the higher priced programmable one does right?
Yes the programmable dyna ignitions are fully programmable, you can set the rev limiter at 1000 or 15000RPMs or anywhere in between, you can also modify the ignition curves, turn on small electrical loads and operate a shift kill or tether switch. You will also need to programmer kit to do all that or send it to someone who has the capability to program it. If you really want the dyna and want it programmed, I can do both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts