Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the time i was leaving i was the top mph for a non studded atv at 53
this was my first radar run ans the track was surprisingly short,was told the length of a football field but make that an ice covered football field (frozen lake) :confused: and traction was a huge issue :(
but that being said i might have won the thing. :thumbsup:
on a side note... a friend i went there with was kinda mad...
he just got a brand new suzuki quad racer and with full studs was only 3mph faster than i was!!! :lol:
-dan

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
53 mph with no studs to help you stop...I hope there was snow on the ice.

Crazy stuff, but quite impressive.

I'll stick with the studs thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was kinda think'n about running mine at the local run this Feb. Most run's are 1000 feet, I'm kinda curious to see what she'll do. I studed up the xcr's, 1460 of the little pro gold buggers to be exact. I've been runnin with the bikes so far this winter. I've been able to keep up just fine with the 450's but there's a guy in the group with a TC510 that is smok'n fast. Keep in mind theese guys are pretty serious about the ice racing, so I'm just happy as a clam to stay on pace with them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i realized that as well
heck i was just there for sumthin to do
i didn't realize how serious some of the people take it

·
Registered
429 Posts
I use to take it pretty seriously with my previous sleds, It got way boring. I order to have a somewhat competitive sled it took a lot of time and money for set up. The sledd was awesome in a straight line but completely worthless for trail riding. My MXZ800 is modded up nicely, I have it clutched and geared for ditch bang'n and woods riding, more of a snow cross set up. Most stock 600's and 700's will out run out in the open by a few miles an hour or so but they absolutely have no prayer off idel to right about a c-note. After all any boob can hold the loud lever to the bar in a groomed straight line, let's take it to the rough stuff and see what ya have as an actual rider.....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.