Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my fan won't turn on. I checked the sensor on the radiator and it works, the circuit breaker is in tack. So anybody else ever have this problem? If so what do I need to do to fix it? Thanks Corey

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is running hot and it still does not turn on. The sensor is working, meaning that it triggers the Farenheit light but not the fan. I hard wired the fan and it works, so somewhere in between there its not getting a signal.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Raid the wife/mothers kitchen, (don't know your age so I don't know whop's kitchen it is) find a thermometer that will go to +250 degrees. Get a pan of water and place the switch in it, ONLY the part that is usually in coolant, not the whole thing. Place an Ohm meter across the two leads and measure resistance, turn on the burner and watch the tempature. The switch should close around 210 degrees.
Thats the book procedure.
Another option is to connect an volt meter or light bulb, (12 volt) on the fan side of the switch, other side to frame or battery negative, start the motor and wait till the high temp light comes on, the fan should start before the light is on.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
firstraptor said:
Check the thermal switch in the bottom of the radiator, that's the one that turns on the fan. The light is switched by the sensor in the thermostat housing.
Disconnect the black connector and touch both pins with metal, if it turnson the fan, replace that yellow thermostat in the bottom of the radiator.

Here is a link to Fan problems: http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=7103.msg68222#msg68222

Be sure to use the search feature in the top right corner of the site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.