Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to remove my radiator fan because iam still trying to save weight on my raptor. i looked at the fan and all it has is the 3 bolts and the plug to unplug. is that all you have to do to remove the fan or do you have to remove other wires. also for those of you that have removed headlights/fan/rear brake light, are you all just putting some electrical tape around the connectors that are still attached to the wiring harness? i thank you all in advance for your help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you serious? Taking off the fan, don't stay in one spot too long or it will overheat. Man you must be hardcore, no rear brake either, you must not do much hill decending/climbing, or you are signing a deathwish. Also something to think about with the fan removal - warranty!?

·
Registered
390 Posts
My raptor would over heat for sure in the desert or in glamis. However, i don't have a fan on my WR450 dirtbike and that engine gets a workout at low airfow speeds. :3question:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My fans only came on twice in like 7 months. I would just tape the end up and be done with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You should be fine with your fan off. I took mine off. Its just the 3 bolts and the plug. Mine rarely came on when dragging so I took it off. If you keep your coolant resivor just run it low to save weight. Also I would suggest getting different handle bars. The stock bars are weighted to help with any vibration. I put on some cheap Tusk Aluminum bars from Rocky mountain atv and it save me like 2 lbs. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.