Raptor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm using the Mishimoto with '17 plastics. It's a direct replacement with zero modification.

iirc one bolt was a little off.. Then again, the previous owner thought he was Evel fuckin Knievel so that could just be my frame.
Is the mishimoto oversized? Now you got me thinking about buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm using the Mishimoto with '17 plastics. It's a direct replacement with zero modification.

iirc one bolt was a little off.. Then again, the previous owner thought he was Evel fuckin Knievel so that could just be my frame.
Guess ill have to give it a shot. At this point im not screwing around with it anymore. I was gonna go straight oem but maybe.....
I think the newer plastics are slightly longer tho I think I heard....

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Guess ill have to give it a shot. At this point im not screwing around with it anymore. I was gonna go straight oem but maybe.....
I think the newer plastics are slightly longer tho I think I heard....
I don't know anything about their Raptor radiator, but MishiMoto does make quality parts.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I can't find Fluidyne Raptor radiators for any later than a 2012 either.

It would help alot if we could get members with different model years to post their year and radiator dimensions.
I can post the 2015-2020 size tonight.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I didn't take measurements and my Raptor has been in pieces since 2018 (busy with other things) but I'm guessing the Mishimoto is twice as thick. I remember my rad mount being a little tweaked and the bolt that didn't line up was actually for the fan.

That year I rode 3,000+ miles and seem to recall it being a pretty nasty summer. It's often 100% humidity here with 95+ temps and it never made a peep. However Daniel at Cuervo has said the factory fan turns on too late fwiw.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I didn't take measurements and my Raptor has been in pieces since 2018 (busy with other things) but I'm guessing the Mishimoto is twice as thick. I remember my rad mount being a little tweaked and the bolt that didn't line up was actually for the fan.

That year I rode 3,000+ miles and seem to recall it being a pretty nasty summer. It's often 100% humidity here with 95+ temps and it never made a peep. However Daniel at Cuervo has said the factory fan turns on too late fwiw.

View attachment 140150
Yeah, that core does look twice as thick as stock.
I already have a Spal fan, Quervo's early on fan stat, Engine Ice, an inline cooler, and Vapor dash with 2 temp lights and a digital gage.
I have the bigger oil tank too, and
I want to do everything I can to keep the engine cool.
The fan turns on at 200f now.
On a high 80's and high humidity day the highest temp my Vapor showed was 205f riding, and climbed to 211f when I stopped and ideled.
I know a bigger radiator will knock it down a few more degrees.
Until now I could find no good radiator fitment info past 2012(I have a 2020), so thank you for posting this picture!
I'm going to order a MishiMoto radiator and a couple more jugs of Engine Ice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

View attachment 140150
But have you put the plastics back on and they fit?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yeah, that core does look twice as thick as stock.
I already have a Spal fan, Quervo's early on fan stat, Engine Ice, an inline cooler, and Vapor dash with 2 temp lights and a digital gage.
I have the bigger oil tank too, and
I want to do everything I can to keep the engine cool.
The fan turns on at 200f now.
On a high 80's and high humidity day the highest temp my Vapor showed was 205f riding, and climbed to 211f when I stopped and ideled.
I know a bigger radiator will knock it down a few more degrees.
Until now I could find no good radiator fitment info past 2012(I have a 2020), so thank you for posting this picture!
I'm going to order a MishiMoto radiator and a couple more jugs of Engine Ice.
Been thinking about getting curveos early on fan stat.
Just a thought.... do you think say that Mishimoto radiator would support the R1 engine if I ever happen to do the swap?
Been looking around for wrecked bikes...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Been thinking about getting curveos early on fan stat.
Just a thought.... do you think say that Mishimoto radiator would support the R1 engine if I ever happen to do the swap?
Been looking around for wrecked bikes...
I can't honestly say since I haven't done it, but, given that it's twice as thick as a stock 700, it's possible. As an R1 radiator isn't thicker than the 700's, but is over twice as wide.
So the thicker core/double row will really make up for lost cooling capacity on an R1(in a Raptor 700).
And, the size of the Mishimoto looks the same size as the radiators an English company uses in their R1 conversions.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
That's what I was thinking. I'm just hoping IF I do an R1 conversion I can keep the plastics without modification.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Been thinking about how to route the exhaust though....
2 into 1 on each side, hugging frame, under footpegs, straight out, or turn up into mufflers.
You will lose ground clearance...and gain heat, lol.
I have seen the round pipes flattened underneath to more of round edged rectangles too, which gained close to an inch of ground clearance.
I've also seen quite a few hack jobs.
It takes alot of planning and fab skills to pull it off right.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
2 into 1 on each side, hugging frame, under footpegs, straight out, or turn up into mufflers.
I have seen the round pipes flattened underneath to more of round edged rectangles too, which gained close to an inch of ground clearance.
Lol. Thats what im doing right now, thinking. Gotta get my trucked fixed up before I can lose my sweet ride on a project like that.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I saw one where they put all four into one muffler off to the right side, so didnt lose clearance, of course if you hit a tree or move your leg the wrong way you might have some problems.....

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I ordered the Mishimoto radiater a few hours ago too, so I'll post it's dimensions and comparison pictures against the stock 2015-2020 radiator in a few days.

Post the size of your stock radiator and I'll compare it to mine, and we'll see what/if it has changed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I ordered the Mishimoto radiater a few hours ago too, so I'll post it's dimensions and comparison pictures against the stock 2015-2020 radiator in a few days.

Post the size of your stock radiator and I'll compare it to mine, and we'll see what/if it has changed.
Cool, I'm super interested in buying it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Yep. Will do. Its already out so that makes it easy. I wanted to order mine tonight but my mom FORGOT to put money in my bank acct.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
But have you put the plastics back on and they fit?
Yeah, I was just mocking things up there. I didn't try with the old plastics but on the 2013+ there is no interference.

Apparently Mad Man Mechanics out of the UK will build you a frame/modify yours for a different engine. The exchange rate is horrendous but I'm tired of changing oil every other week, don't really need reverse and I ride too much to use race gas. I'm not on Facebook so if you contact them lmk what the deal is/cost. 👌

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Yeah, I was just mocking things up there. I didn't try with the old plastics but on the 2013+ there is no interference.

Apparently Mad Man Mechanics out of the UK will build you a frame/modify yours for a different engine. The exchange rate is horrendous but I'm tired of changing oil every other week, don't really need reverse and I ride too much to use race gas. I'm not on Facebook so if you contact them lmk what the deal is/cost. 👌
Ya but the price lol..... Plus hes busier than heck.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It's here.
No time tonight to do anything with it, but first impression is high quality, which is no suprise, and typical Mishimoto.
No way this radiator won't drop temperatures a few more degrees.
I'll get measurements and side by side with stock pictures over the weekend.
Thanks again to @Hyena for the info
And @Nathannewbie this radiator, with tax and free shipping in 3 days was $165...with a lifetime warranty, that's hard to beat.
It even has a magnetic drain plug.
If it fits yours, this thing beats the heck out of an oem replacement.
20210108_165609.jpg
20210108_165714.jpg

It looks a little taller than stock in this picture, but it's just the camera angle, but thicker, oh yeah, double row.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts