Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, okay i changed the coolant today according to the user manuel. Drained the system,
flushed it, I put Engine Ice back in. I put coolant in the radiator like the manuel says. It didn't say
anything about filling the holding tank. So I started the Raptor and let it run for about a minute.
Thought it can't be right so I shut if off and filled the holding tank as well. So the radiator is full and the
holding tank is within spec. Did I do it right? I am going to Glamis this weekend and soooo don't want to blow up
my Raptor. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
When you filled the radiator did you take the vent bolt out? If you did then your fine. Just make sure that it doesn't have any air bubbles in the coolant lines.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
According to the manual it says you fill the overflow and the actual radiator. As long as you took out the vent hole bolt and put enough fluid in there then you should be fine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
whats the vent bolt, i just ordered some engine ice for mine to run this summer and i dont wanna blow up my rappy haha

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was wondering also. I put the Ice in and just got back from a Glamis trip. The Rappy over heated once though I am blaming it one the 103 F heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts