Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading my stock radiator, because I'm looking to avoid any foreseeable over heating issues. Anyone have a solid recommendation/ cooling system setup? What about these PWR Intank oil coolers, are they overkill for a setup like mine?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking at upgrading my stock radiator, because I'm looking to avoid any foreseeable over heating issues. Anyone have a solid recommendation/ cooling system setup? What about these PWR Intank oil coolers, are they overkill for a setup like mine?
Dude I have no experience with the 700 But my 660 has a double size radiator, larger capacity aluminum oil reservoir, Silicone hoses, Since its hot as hell down here in south florida I removed my thermostat, placed a manual switch on my radiator fan, And last but not least since the oil reservoir is close to my heads I over killed it with multiple layers of that adhesive backed fiberglass insulation. Maybe you can translate some of this stuff over to your 700. In my case I had to remove the thermostat (some might not recommend it) My bike revs up so fast that too much pressure builds up behind the thermostat and it kept blowing the thermostat housing gasket. {Even after the bike warms up and the thermostat opens}

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See I live in south Florida also dude, so I gotta plan for very hot weather. thanks for the input, I'm definitely going to invest in some cooling parts!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Dude, I'd get a CFM oil cooler and a couple billet in-line coolers. Should drop the oil temp a bit aswell as the radiator coolant temprature...

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean the larger reservoir tank?

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's cool dude, yesterday i saw a PWR in-tank oil cooler/radiator kit. That's why I asked :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ive been using engine ice for 2 years now and works great. My fan is rarely on when riding....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm not sure why but the combination of the heat and humidity down here in south florida makes it feel like a little slice of hell. I wish we had that dry heat like in vegas I tried engine ice and it works... But got better results with half cool-aid (Maxima) and half water weter (Red Line)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Engine Ice has proven to run these engines cooler. A CFM in-line cooler is also great for keeping your overall temp down close to 9 degrees. Running this combo, my fan never comes on, and I ride trails heavy, and drag 300' x's 10-15. Probably 2 hours at a time, with 20 minute cool downs. I have a brand new CFM in-line cooler for sale. Never used, w/all hardware. $40 shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts