Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finely got my bike back together with the billet 2nd and 3rd. Hope I can keep from breaking 3rd gears.

Decided I would try and run it at the Drag strip since I have never raced a ATV on asphalt. Thought I did ok for 1st time out. They would only let me run 1/8th due to dirt front tires. Kinda of glad since my gearing for 1/4mi would not good enough. (16/38 ) Going to do a 250r rear hub so I can run a 34tooth which I hope will let my trap close to 130mph in the 1/4mi.

This is or normal kit on E85 at around 120whp on a 6in arm on our dyno tires which are more like a street car tire running no wheelie bar.

After one of my main tech TJ broke his back at the dunes a few mons back most of our dune stuff has been on the back burner.

Ran a best of 7.2 avg around 95mph with a best mph of 97. Was having to shift 5th right before the end so it took me a few times to nail that shift at the right time so I could gain the MPH and not end up on the rev limit in 4th.

Here is a pic of my bike. Its not our drag bike.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Nice man I think you'll hit 130 in the 1/4 with 16/34

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
130mph is my goal.

I am so used to Pro trees so when I run std three I get a little excited. I am a heads up racer not bracket so I would like to think I can make up my time in Power not reaction :)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's my out look to Lucas

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wanted to take mine to the track and run 1/8 mile, im geared 15/37 on 17.5" street tires. Tops out right at 89mph in 5th. Probly only running around 90-100hp but have spanked on a couple 600 rockets on the street. Not sure what there 1/8 mile times are but I know im quicker.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So we have a 250r hub coming for my JJ&A Axle with a 34tooth rear sprocket. We also have a 17 thooth front sprocket coming so I should have all the gearing I need with that for the 1/4mi.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No have not ran the drag bike since we hurt it at the Raptor Rally. Next year would be the soonest we will have it running at the track.

My bike is the 1st one we have ran at the track.

I like my fenders :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dammit Lucas, you beat me to it. lol. The track I was going to got rained out this weekend or else I would of had a slip to post. I’m running the 15/36 with 22” tires so I’m hoping to be somewhere close to that mark.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is my little video. Think better 1/4mi times will happen next time.

We made the 17tooh cost close to $200 by the time we were done. 22in tire 17/34 was a little to much gearing for my bike. Seemed like it powered out a bit in 4th going to put 20in slicks on next time out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Why not strap it down, keep it from coming up? My buddy ran 106 with 15/35. Has 89HP with 68TQ. He was strapped down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts