Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was riding the other day and it just started running really bad. backfiring, and sputtering. i checked the fuel pressure and its ok. i also put new plug and new battery. I checked the tps sensor with meter and it was at .68v and mashed the gas slowly and it went up to 4.0v. so i dont know! anybody got a clue

·
Registered
12 Posts
maybe bad gas i never use anything under 92 octane and try using lucus injection cleaner buddy has a yfz 450 and his was backfiring also maybe where you live if ur riding in the cold thats when my buddies started doing it was in cold weather we live in south dakota but try gas or injector cleaner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i already changed the gas and run cleaner through it. i wish it was that simple but i guess its not. i mean it wont even rev up, sometimes it even goes dead.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you try and remove your tank and make sure there is no dirt or anything sitting in the bottom of the tank. What did the plug color look like when you changed it? Do you have any mods done to the bike?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
What exactly is it doing? At what speed? At what RPM? More details would be nice. Might be your rev limiter switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found the problem! some wires were rubbed bare where they slide down by the airbox. the wires that hook to your cdi box. when you cranked it up and sat on it the wires where touching and shorting out and making it miss and backfire. so now where good to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts