Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I need some help here. My son's 125 is running like crap. For some reason she won't idle. I have to give it some choke in order to keep it running but at a higher rpm. As soon as I take off the choke the wont idle for beans.

The only thing I did recently was clean the air filter. Done this a gazillion times the same way on both this 125 and my 700. Typically what I have noticed in the past was this sort of behavior was normal (for a few minutes anyway) after first cleaning the air filter but this has been running about 30 minutes. Any ideas?

I need to get this ironed out before we go riding tomorrow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Kinda sounds like a carb thing. :unsure: What kind of air filter do you have? If it's a K&N and you oiled it too much it could just not be getting enough air.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Low speed jet is plugged. If it only runs with the choke on and won't idle, problem is the low speed circuit in the carb is plugged.
Looks like I may be a few days late but I hope you got it running in time to ride last week.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Low speed jet is plugged. If it only runs with the choke on and won't idle, problem is the low speed circuit in the carb is plugged.
Looks like I may be a few days late but I hope you got it running in time to ride last week.
BINGO! you are correct. That was exactly the problem. Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
5 Posts
our 125 is doing the same thing only idles on choke and you cannot give it any throttle or it dies sounds like i have the same issue funny thing is i bought it 3 weeks ago ran it around the house put it up for christmas and tried to start the other day and this problem shows up so should i fix it or let the dealership fix it

·
Registered
37 Posts
our 125 is doing the same thing only idles on choke and you cannot give it any throttle or it dies sounds like i have the same issue funny thing is i bought it 3 weeks ago ran it around the house put it up for christmas and tried to start the other day and this problem shows up so should i fix it or let the dealership fix it
its got a 6 month warranty, take it back to the dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts