Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang, I have a Raptor 125 suspension question. My 12 year old son has been riding trail/mx for almost 2 years now and is getting pretty good/comfortable on the bike. He likes to take jumps now at the local mx track and does quite well. When he lands I notice the landing is stiff. At times I can see him bouncing and struggling to correct it. Ordinarily I could see upgrading his shocks but he's only 85-90 lbs! I would think the OEM shocks would do him fine for the short term, or at least until he hits the 100 lb mark. Would it make sense to loosen it up?

Does anyone know what the factory settings are in terms of suspension? In other words, what weight is it targeted at?

Up to this point I have not made any suspension adjustments at all. I was waiting to see if he would actually take a liking to quad riding; and he has. So I'm thinking I could at least in the short term soften up the suspension for him to control the pogo action. Later, I can invest in some fox floats.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Just read that even a 200 pound rider will like the ride. The shocks and geometry setup is the same as the 250.

Thats all i could find. Dident find any age specific info. Not even rider maximum weight. I find this really stupid from all the reviews and specs and you name it trying to find the info you wanted. Im pissed because this should be clearly stated but is not. Bull freakin $#?&*$.

Your next step will be some good aftermarket rezy shocks if you cant adjust them for him!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If he is getting really aggressive with his riding. It may be time to upgrade the shock. My son is about 150lb. I have front and rear open all the way on his bike. He will be racing this weekend. Next would the front A-arms. The suspension is the key for a good rider. All of are friend are running Fox shock. But due to funds I am looking at using the yfz 450 shocks. Possible switch.

Raptor 125cc

·
Registered
1 Posts
my son had the same issue with his 125 i backed off on the spanner nut (two notches) on the front suspension and away he went. he won two races so far ths year!! he too only weighs 80lbs. good luck and have fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts