Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any 1 dragged/ or hill shoot / 1 of these susuki 450s/ r they close / faster / or slower/ than r 700s

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've raced a few of them....if they are stock i beat them by a few bikes......but with pipe and a power commander and cut fenders its perty close.....im also running the razors which take awyay from my top end a little but i don't care i love how they grip...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I wasted one of them and a stock raptor 700 but I'm not stock but I give up a lot of weight to those other and still spanked them real bad. :bye:

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dealer says the ltr 450 isn't really a drag machine. He said that even some sport 4x4 would beat it. Said it had to do with the 18s out back and gearing. said it was a 100% mx style machine.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
700hornet said:
My dealer says the ltr 450 isn't really a drag machine. He said that even some sport 4x4 would beat it. Said it had to do with the 18s out back and gearing. said it was a 100% mx style machine.
I agree.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Raced against a group of three of them last weekend in Glamis on Olds hill. Two looked stock, took them by 4-5 lengths. The third was running a Yoshi so I'm sure he had at least the "cherry bomb" deal. Ran about even with him through the beginning of the woops then started pulling away.I ended up with around a 2 length lead by the top. Same results three out of three runs. I was actually kind of suprised, I've seen ltz's eat yfz's at the sand drags, and to be honest depending on the yfz sometimes I spank them and sometimes I get spanked. I don't think the ltz has as much torque as the yfz so it has problems on the hill, but I've seen them scream on the flats. It's definately not a slow machine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
700hornet said:
my buddy beats my 700 every time we race on pavement and is a little faster top end. he does have the cherry bomb and im stock.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
..where you the one that had the cork and lid removed and no controller? If so, you plug that stuff back up yet? YOu dont want to be running your machine like that for that long....PLUS, you are more than likely slower than stock, due to being so lean!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
04yfz said:
yea. its all back in and he takes me worse topend now
Interesting.....well, atleast you are not ruining your motor now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've only came across one that I couldn't beat. I have no idea what he had done to it but I'm guessing it was more than just a pipe/intake because most of the rest of them don't put up much of a fight. The Hondos and Yammys seem to be faster than the Suzis.

·
Registered
23 Posts
well im happy to say i did beat him on dirt but he cant launch and i got top end back on my yfz and smoked everyone out there so as far as im concerned yamaha is still back on top. (with our group of riders) :lol: :lol: :lol: :rocket:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
04yfz said:
well im happy to say i did beat him on dirt but he cant launch and i got top end back on my yfz and smoked everyone out there so as far as im concerned yamaha is still back on top. (with our group of riders) :lol: :lol: :lol: :rocket:
....your YFZ is doing better in straight line drags then your 700? You have mods done to your YFZ.

Just wait untill you mod the 700, it will all be over for the 450's.....atleast thats the way it is with the guys I ride with. We all use to be yfz chums, and then I turned to the dark side and got a 700 :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Ive beat every one in a straight line that Ive encountered, youv gotta short shift these things to really see what they can do.....remember, these 700s are done after 6000rpm.....done.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Look at this graph I found on the net that compares a big three modded 700 vs the big three modded LT-R(both on "dyno" tires) and you will see how to race against these LT-Rs(or any 450 for that matter). While he's revvin you gotta be shiftin ;)....torque baby, torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
These things make bucket loads of torque. :eek: Your right in saying to short shift these things.The 450,s look alot like a 2 stroke power band :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
No doubt. I know mines modded pretty good but mine has over 40ft lbs from 3500-6300rpm. I mainly posted up in this thread because I go to all the other sites too and read way too many times were a X brand 450 smoked a 700r yesterday or just a while ago or what ever ::). You guys need to get more seat time ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah, there is no reason to be loosing to the 450's, unless perhaps they have motor mods and you dont. Or you are stock , and they have all the bolt ons.

stock to stock , its close in the 1st 3 gears....but after that, the 700 pulls.
bolt ons to bolt ons and the 700 will walk. I would race a 450 stock to stock or mod to mod in a straight line drag anyday.
After you compare bolt on to bolt on and get into the motors, the 700 just shines even brighter.

thats not to say there are not faster than piss 450's out there....but if you are comparing equally modded machines, the displacement of the 700's starts to really become evident!

Learn how to shift these things, and they are flat out F-A-S-T.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't want to start a pissing match, but anyone who knows dynos knows two things they are tunning tools and everyones reads differently; in the case of these graphs that were posted thats Kam's (kbr) dyno and that thing is a scrooge of a dyno a bike that lays down 35hp there is nearly 40hp somewhere else, not exactly but you get the point. I know the bike that we built will demolish most 450s in its way, but there are those exceptions.... my ltr with just an exhaust and cb outran every raptor in its site in Glamis in September. Is this an issue of power? I don't know, the delivery on both bikes is different some have already pointed out that the raptor is tourqey and I agree, but theres more to drag racing up a hill or straight away besides power. All the bikes that I raced that weekend had what you called the big three, and to be honest I didn't know what the hell that consisted of until I became a member here a little while ago excuse my ignorance, I'm used to saying intake, exhaust and jetted. Here's a vid of a raptor vs my stock ltr for what its worth.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/dtzaalba450r/?action=view&current=Picture844.flv

1 - 20 of 45 Posts