Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i lose all the weight possible on mine...?
its a 01..
thanks
i only want what i have to have ( trying to beat a 450r ) ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The typical:
Lose everything you don't need
Lose things you hope you don't need
trim what you can't remove
Replace what's left with lighter weight parts

It's usually cheaper for the rider to lose weight than the ride, but that's not always an acceptable alternative. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
hey now be civil i thought it was preatey simple cut fenders lose parking brake any gaurds you have extra perchs and other stuff like that

·
Registered
211 Posts
WoW! A newbie dogging out a Moderator and a guy who knows alot about raptors and trys to help everyone out. Get a grip 04.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what kinda answer is that??
all i asked was for some help like i have seen given in TONS of posts on this site... and i get
Maddog56 said:
What aren't you able to comprehend?
common.. MOD or not. if you dont wanna help out with ideas or something why make a STUPID post.

ironraptor04 said:
hey now be civil i thought it was preatey simple cut fenders lose parking brake any gaurds you have extra perchs and other stuff like that
thanks thats something like i expected to come back and read.
thanks alot iron raptor! :thumbsup:
so basically losing all hte perches, gaurds, p brake and stuff ill save what..... 5-8 lbs?
anything else that can come off?

·
Registered
88 Posts
If youre willing to spend some cash on aftermarket parts you should be able to cut down quite abit. I will also start by trimming fenders, dropping the skids plates etc., basically anything thats on the that you dont need

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
With the car you've got for sale I wouldn't have though you'd need someone to hold your hand and walk you through all this. :3question:

Rotating mass is the heaviest, lighter tires, axles, hubs, and wheels will make the largest difference.

Remove the extras, trim what you can't remove, replace what you can't trim; figured this was self explanatory but hey... Ditch the heel guards, plastic skid plates, dash plastic, parking brake, front bumper, rear grab bar, etc. (ETC means more items of a similar nature). Trim the fenders and drill holes in anything that won't break or won't matter if it does break. What you NEED depends on what you're doing with the bike; i.e. (for example) in some cases you won't need the front brakes, others you'll be in trouble without them. You're going to have to either share more of what you expect and plan for the bike or figure out what you need on your own.

Replace everything with something lighter. Start with big parts that are cheap to replace and move on according to the best cost/weight savings ratio. Exhaust, swingarm, rear axle and shocks are big items here. Eventually you'll end up going with lighter hardware throughout the bike, spindle mount front wheels, struts or shaw comps and the like. If you're any good you should see 350 dry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well when it comes to cars i can figure it out. this raptor thing im new too. so i thought if i asked before i drill holes in things and remove them maybe it would be a good idea.

plan on trail riding. mainly but i also want a good quad to race. alot of races happen here and i dont wanna get beat by those damn 450s anymore.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If you're building a trail rig reliability and strength are more important than weight savings. You'll likely want to add parts like bigger bumpers and grabbars, thicker aluminum skidplates, nerf bars, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts