·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot. I need tires as well ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I say get them on some even ground and run the race again, he has a disadvantage running and sliding on the crown like that.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definetily i'll do it again

·
Registered
584 Posts
The KFX is a cool ride but its too damn fat. If I was a duner id have one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's a big ole monster but I do love it at Pismo, the torque is unbeatable.
I love the Raptor for the trails as I do my Predator BUT I love the power delivery of the Rapi. They are all real nice, I can't pick a hands down winner yet.........

·
Registered
77 Posts
The kfx is a sweet big lug of torquey fun, but theres no comparison on the races. Of course the one I have now is still stock so im sure it will make a diff. modding to it and am pretty anxious to, but it is a dam fun duner & wheelie rider. Too bad the kaw has 120 lbs on the yami. My fav of course is still this raptor. Draggin,trails and now mx'n a little, I think it is the best all arounder out. I was suprised that both quads in that race kept their frt ends down. Must have been loose road.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I love the KFX as well. I rode one about a year ago. It had an exhaust, intake, clutch kit, and 22" Holeshot tires on it. I couldnt keep the front end down on it. Pinned the throttle from about 30mph and the front end was skyward. Scared the shit out of me.

I never thought I'd say this...but the CVT tranny is awesome on that machine. Part of me wishes the Rappy had one...but they are HP hogs.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Raced one stock versus stock when I first got my Raptor (before I figured out I needed to do 2nd gear launches). It wasn't a contest on grass. Beat him by roughly three lengths.
I have a buddy with a modded KFX. We will hook up soon for a race. The KFX is fun to ride. I like the sound of the CVT whine but I wouldn't trade my Raptor for it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
colo said:
This was my first race with my rappy. He has (the KFX 700) alot of modifications. all i have is HMF slip on and a power commander. I promese I'll get better.................

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4cc9df8d-7d8f-4182-ad37-98ae0168a949.htm
I would say get an intake w/o lid, tires (stock ones are horrible) and a 15T. He wont stand a chance. :thumbsup:

Your giving a lot up if you dont have an intake......AND running stock tires. What kind of mods does he have?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just ordered the 15t sprocket and I'm looking to see what intake I should buy.
I dont know everything he has but next weekend we are racing againg and I'll find out exactly what he got.............

I do need some good tires wish ones should I get??????

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's not a bad price either :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
ITP Holeshots hands down. Thats just my personal preferance.

Also...You might want to get a PC before you install an intake. The 700 comes from the factor lean, so an intake will just make it worse.

·
Registered
350 Posts
ran a full exhaust/intake/jetted kfx 700 today and put 3 lengths on him and was still pulling he let off when I hit 5th.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My bud has a KFX. He got his one week before I got my Rappy. We've raced a couple of times and I beat him easly every time. The KFX sounds great. The V-twin just sound strong. It's fun to ride but it is heavy. Rappy all the way!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts