Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2008 Raptor 250 I'm having carb issues with. It will start and idle fine but when I accelerate it sputters and backfires. I didn't do any adjustments to it but it had been sitting for a while and that's when the issues started. I pulled it apart and cleaned all the jets, reinstalled it and it did the same thing, I pulled it out again, put a rebuild kit in and it's still doing the same thing. I'm not as good with carburetors as I would like to be so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So let’s back up just a bit and do a time line of your issues.

Prior to current issues it ran fine?
After sitting for a while now there are issues?

Is there a screen on the petcock on that one? Maybe there is stuff clogging up there. Did you use OEM jets and needle for the rebuild?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

Yes, before sitting a while it ran like a top, never had an issue with it. I'm not sure about a screen on the petcock, i didn't think to look because there is a screen on the fuel inlet on the carburetor (which was clear). I did not not use OEM rebuild parts, I watched a few U tube videos after rebuilt it and they all said to use OEM rebuild parts but since it's still doing the same thing with the rebuild parts I didn't think much of it. I think tomorrow I'll take the fuel line out and check the petcock like you said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just checked the screens and they were clear, ran carb cleaner thru the valve, reinstalled it and it's doing the same thing. I guess I'll take the carb back out, maybe put the oem jets back in, make sure I got everything put back together right and try again......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts